Why do people listen to people from the industry??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
True to some extent IMO.
To stick to your analogy, you mum most unfortunately would have to have bought quite a number of different brands, till she by coincidence stumbled on the one that actually worked.

My personal attitude is that if im recommended something, I check it out by testing it if possible. Mostly outrageous claims are quite far from the reality and a test will clearly show that.

Im a toolmaker in diecasting, every now and then a salesman of cutting tools is passing by. I have still to meet the first tool salesman that dosnt overstate the performance of his tools by at least 25%. Given the fact that tools are easily tested, its easy to actually make a factor you can divide their claims by.

The high end audio industry is worse by a magnitude, since its somewhat harder to prove that they are frauds or close to frauds. That fact keeps many an audio manufacturer alive. Just the fact that its been possible to sell BS like the example in my last post, is an unpleasently clear proof that some people have (or ought to have) moral issues.

Magura:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.