Why do my speakers sound better when I stand up?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yeah, I'm starting to remember something along the lines of measuring from the middle of one side of the surround to the edge of the other side of the surround...

The outside diam of the jordan is around 5.8" and the outside diam of the SB is about 4.8" Nothings ever straight forward ;)

Tony.

They are widebands with a LR4 xover at 125Hz
BTW, if the Eikonas are anything like most of Ted's other designs, the bass would be astonishingly good, within power limitations. You may be crossing over too high to get the best out of them. The ragged HF peak looks typical of his larger designs; I last used Jordan drivers with JXR6s and JX150s crossing over at various points (active analogue crossover- easy to change) to maximise power handling and minimise HF beaming/peaks. But my wife couldn't cope with a 3 way active system, so I have gone passive. A big mistake. :(

BTW, if the Eikonas are anything like most of Ted's other designs, the bass would be astonishingly good, within power limitations. You may be crossing over too high to get the best out of them. The ragged HF peak looks typical of his larger designs; I last used Jordan drivers with JXR6s and JX150s crossing over at various points (active analogue crossover- easy to change) to maximise power handling and minimise HF beaming/peaks. But my wife couldn't cope with a 3 way active system, so I have gone passive. A big mistake. :(

I've heard a lot of the Jordan drivers but never had the pleasure of listening to them. Hm ..... may be some day I get to purchase the drivers and experience them myself.

I have been listening for a while now to my speakers and listening position arranged in an equilateral triangle 2 metres apart and 1.7 metres from front wall no angling so I'm 30 degrees off axis. Very happy now with the width and depth of image, having a straight on reflection off the front wall also seems best.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.