• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and the last one

Attachments

• kc&bix.jpg
    kc&bix.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 514
Hi MarK. Thanks for your help and usefull comments. Here most of the modifications that you suggested on your original schematic to make it work with my own motor. I modified the battery charger to accept the new 24V battery and change R4 to 1R2 (exact value still to confirm)

I'm on the road and I will need to validate the exact motor current when I'll be back. In the mean time, Mark can you validate my calculations for the L200C battery charger modified for the 24V battery?

L200C
Vout = Vref (1+R2/R1) where Vref = 2.770V
Io = Vpin5-Vpin2 / R3

Ver1.0 set for 12V Battery
values where R1=750R, R2=3K, R3=0.75

For 24V Battery
Typical float voltage (lead-acid) is 2.15 to 2.23V per cell, or 12.9 to 13.4V for a 12V Battery. So for a 24V battery, float voltage = 2.20 * 12 = 26.4V + 0.7V (D1 diode) = 27.1V

R2 = ((27.1V/2.770V) - 1) * 750R = 6587R (closest value 6.65K) = 27.3V

Q2 & Q8 are already mounted on a very good heatsink. I'll install small TO92 heatsinks on Q3 & Q4.

On my circuit, I will also to change the charger transformer and use an external 24V battery. My design already included the option to use an external battery, so I'm convered. My current transformer is a TE70033, 15V, 04A (parallel secondaries), or 30V, 0.233A (sec in serie). I'll keep the same transformer, but just modify the PCB to connect both secondaries in serie.

I guest I will also need to modify the LED's indicator Zener to accept the new 24V working voltage :rolleyes:

Attachments

• tt speed controler_schematic_ver2.0_small.jpg
    tt speed controler_schematic_ver2.0_small.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 395
Re: OPA2777 Supply running at 24V

Algar_emi said:
Hi Mark. One problem may be to use the OPA2777 with the new 24V supply voltage. This op-amp is specified for a maximum of +/-18V supply range. Will it work with a supply of 0V and 24V?

Yes, because the opamp sits between the rails so at +24V / ground it is seeing +/- 12 on its rails (the opamp voltage spec allows for swinging to rails).

BTW I assume 2777 is a typo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.