Who has the dirtiest office or lab?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Conrad Hoffman said:
Well, life was going very well. Too well. You should always be suspicious when the sailing is smooth.

I got back from choir practice in NYC on Monday night and my oldest son was running the sump pump -- seems that the new LG Wash Machine sprung a leak and his fiancee was the culprit -- from prior experience I now have 99% of my stuff elevated a few inches off the floor, just lost some USPS mailers this time. This hasn't happened in about 10 years...

PS -- don't buy an LG Wash Machine -- the one with the fewest buttons is best.

jackinnj said:

PS -- don't buy an LG Wash Machine -- the one with the fewest buttons is best.

Agreed.
Big knob, mechanical timer, click, whirr, clunk and so on.

Electronics, water and caustic do not play well together.
My first waching machine was built from 5 machines I collected from the side of the street at bring out your rubbish time. Hoover/Simpsom made machines for about 15 years with very few mechanical changes.
It failed twice in about 5 years, both times I had spare parts on hand. I miss my old house with 2 workshops.

Of course, you could have bought the early Maytag Neptune like we did. I haven't had the number of problems some have, but the electronic design can only be described as "a piece of work". How Maytag could run all those "bored service person with nothing to do" ads is beyond me. They have the worst service record of anybody, and by a wide margin.

The clean-up crew is gone, and I'm working on fixing the drainage problem that caused the flood to begin with. It's gonna be a long week, month, year.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I've been trying to get messier, at least the bins are overflowing, I haven't emptied them in a year. I've been getting into a bit of CNC'ing as of late, nearly capable of engraving PCB's, just that the table axis screwthread shaft has a little wobble and the slide rails aren't stiff enough to stop it wobbling

Look at this.... enjoy

Attachments

• 15032008032.jpg
    15032008032.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 688
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,
Never one to rest, I added to the mess. Now it looks like this after I had to clear off my desk to support more gear. New bench will be required with adjoining 19" rack (or two).

At the moment it looks even worse. Not by a little bit either!

-Chris

Attachments

• bench mar052008 (small).jpg
    bench mar052008 (small).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 633
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.