Who has the dirtiest office or lab?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
nice...

MJL21193 said:
Eight drawers, holds about a billion parts. I'll put one big one in the bottom.
I get to throw away all of those cheap plastic stoge containers and tackle boxes.

I've got a printers box like that... but it's full of rocks!!... one of my other hobbies..;-)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

John L.:D ;)

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Nordic said:
Thanks for the idea john, I have a large sheet of thin veneered board I didn't have a use for...

All of my materials were free, scraps from different jobs. It's better when it doesn't cost anything more than the time to put it together.

jacco vermeulen said:

Very nice, but you'll need a whole lot more of those in 10-20 years from now.

I was thinking i could try to keep this on a small scale? Probably not, though.

poobah said:

Nice drawers MJL! BTW... nice try! Let's see some pictures of the woodshop?

Shop is a real mess - temporary renovation storage. Anyone who has seen any of my pics has seen my beautiful groovy orange shag carpet. An unfortunate incident involving one of my dogs forced me to remove it.
It will be sorely missed. ;)

Missing from the pic are a couple of things that I've moved in to install the new floor. Tablesaw is there though.

Attachments

• im001303.jpg
    im001303.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 699
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
jacco vermeulen said:

Marc,

it's a planer/thicknesser, 10 feet long bed, not a tablesaw.
Shaves 0.2" off of 16" wide panels at 10feet/sec, on 400Vac/3-phase.

Found at the bottom of the ocean? Lookin' a little ancient n crusty...:)

PS. I apprenticed with a Danish carpenter who lost most of his little finger in one of those.:dead:

Attachments

• woody.jpg
    woody.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 653
Though I have a table saw and some other power woodworking tools, they scare me. I much prefer razor sharp Stanley Bailey planes and a chisel. No hearing protection needed. IMO, metal working is much safer. Clamp the project with 10,000 lbs of force in a big vise and crank far away knobs to make things happen. Better yet, draw it up in CAD and email it to the shop. :devilr:

my beautiful groovy orange shag carpet
Had the same until 2 week ago in my 10'x10' bedroom / listening room / computer room / storage room / bench (finally, can breathe :cannotbe: ). Bed was used as the bench for soldering and testing. (Sleeping elsewhere :D )

The shag's gone now, the centenarian pine floor that was under it was sanded and varnished a few days ago. That was the last shag carpet to remove in the place. The whole house was covered when we moved in.

Better yet, draw it up in CAD and email it to the shop.
And wood cuts are cheap, I needed a '2-tier synth rack + 19-inch rack + shelf'-in-one : I bought seven 16" wide panels (different lengths) at the local hardware store for about $130, and got them cut in a different place (that makes cabinet, furniture, etc.) about 20 wood cuts for only $6. A table saw's not worth the price finally :D

I exchanged room with my brother's 11'x10' room, it made quite a difference (Now the synthesizers and modules can be used in an horizontal position :angel: hence the need for a custom piece of furniture -> fills the empty wall space just created)

The 10'x10' room contained enough stuff to hide all the baseboards in the 25' x 10' dinning + living room :cheerful: as well as filling the hallway and all the space available in a few other rooms. All that stuff hasn't moved in the 11'x10' one. :dead:

When I think my test equipment list consists of a Mastech MY-64 DMM... :bawling:

MJL21193 said:
bottom of the ocean

The result of leaving it outside too long, completely wrapping it made it even worse, i'm about to clean and repaint it this winter.
It was easier to do 16ft long panels out in the open instead of inside the 40ft garage.
But it is an old Frenchy, they don't make thicknessers looking like that for at least 15 years, bought the thing from a pro woodworker.
Me so dumb, i handlifted the 700lbs in and out of a trailer before figuring it would have been easier to disassemble it into 3 parts. :clown:

During my ER days, "See you next time" was the common remark to a pro-woody who had sawn off a(nother) finger.

Nice thought ...Thanks :D

However I'm living precariously . I have stuff strewn about all over the house except one room. Anymore and I'll be thrown out !! The 'clean' up pressure is so intense that I've actually started throwing things away to clear up the place.

Still have old resistors and capacitors and other semicons that I 'could' reuse if I can't find a new one in my parts box.
Jeeze , I find it hard to part with anything .............I might need it later syndrome ! It does work at times to prove itself.

Must have caught the 'HATAA virus' a long time ago. I believe it doesn't have a cure. That of course is Hard to Throw away Anything.

However I can start accepting 'junk' gifts again when I'm reborn ! :D

Ok then i had to dig a little but here we go .
Lol but i already spotted my wife has less to nag then others :D
Ok ok i confess there is ofcourse the *old* projectsdump .
But fortunatly i don't have pictures of *that*

Anyway its comforting i'm not the winner .

Attachments

• playground.jpg
    playground.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 403
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.