Which of These 3 Options will Give the Nicest Sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BTW
For some reason, I have stopped receiving Email Notifications from the website, regarding new posts, since 3 days ago.

I checked if the thread settings have changed (both the Thread settings, and my Account settings), but no,
it's still set to send email notifications.. yet it doesn't..

Do you have the same problem since 3 days ago?

Hi all

I would like to update that about 10 days ago I received the (ready made) Edifier R1280T amplified speakers,
and after spending 10 days with them, I can definitely say there is a good reason they are #1 on Amazon on the Bookshelf category.

They are amazing, and considering their price, they are even more amazing.
They are 99$ on amazon.com, and 90Euro on amazon.de.

I ordered mine from amazon germany, because the shipping was much lower (just 13Euro).

Their sound is clear, realistic, and deep.

I did not expect such a sound from speakers (and drivers) in this size.
Also, the product page says that the frequency range is 75Hz-20KHz,
but from my tests it looks like it starts from 45Hz and not 75Hz as they say.
(I am talking about substantial level, not weak level that you can barely notice.. if it was weak then we can go even 10Hz less than 45)

For their amazing price, I highly recommend them.

The only disadvantages that I found so far, are:
1) The power switch is on the back instead of on the side(where the volume, bass, treble knobs are)
2) The speakers do not remember the volume you set,
every time you turn them on, they start on some predefined default volume.
That is because the volume knob is not a Potentiometer component, but an Encoder component.
The reason they used an encoder and not a potentiometer, is because the speakers have a small IR Remote, for Volume Up/Down, and Mute.

(still, even with an encoder, they could've write to the built in EEPROM/Flash your last volume setting, and start with it the next time you power up)

But as you can see, these 2 disadvantages are nto sound quality related,
but more like "User Experience" (comfort of use) related,
so it's OK.

(regarding the switch, I can mod the speakers and move the switch to the side panel)

I am really enjoying them with music, and they are definitely the best sound I had on my computer desk so far...

Here are the links, for anyone who's interested:

on Amazon USA:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016P9HJIA

on Amazon Germany:
https://www.amazon.de/EDIFIER-Studio-R1280T-Lautsprechersystem-Watt/dp/B00GBN50SC/

Now regarding the TC9FD:
Since they only cost 22$ a pair, I cannot resist trying them too..

So regarding this:
Anyway, if you need a design for the TC9FD, I can design you a simple filter-less ported box. Just let me know the distance between your desk (when your sitting at it obviously) and the center of your ear level.

Here are the measurements:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Please tell me if any more info is needed..

Thank you

Again I did not receive an email notification about a new post..
Yet the notification settings in this thread have not changed..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That's weird.

I do get instant email notifications about other threads here..

Maybe if a thread becomes long like this one, the website starts to randomly omit some email notifications about it, to hopefully make it fade?

In any case:
Would you show us the sound measures that you mention?
The testing was not done with some equipment like a microphone and a software,
but by using the sound files from audiocheck.net:
The Ultimate Bass Test | Ultra Low Frequency Range Test

The "microphone" was my ears.

I know this is not a scientific measurement, but that's what I had.

BTW, can a smartphone be used (along with its microphone) for the job?
(It will not be as good as a dedicated microphone for the job, but it will be more accurate and official than my testing..)
If yes, what application should I download to it? I have Android..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.