What will the next breakthrough in Audio be?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I personally do not like streaming as I like to own my music

About the time the record companies started suing people, I decided that if the music isn't available on original media second-hand, I don't need it because I don't want to support that behavior. Unfortunately this doesn't support the artists either, AFAIK. Most of the music I like is >30-50 years old so hopefully the artist made their money long ago. I do make occasional exceptions to my "buy used" policy but I can't remember the last one. Maybe "Avishai Cohen, As Is...Live at the Blue Note" or the Jackson Browne DVD I bought for one song ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV678CMjVAA

I often thought that Dan. I was told the Beatles as is not too keen. Just to have the vocals would be something. With Michael Gerzon recordings it is possible. That was the whole point. It's not like redoing the music. More like refocusing. Michael was not interesting in making a sound. More like capturing one whilst knowing we all have tastes, albeit it wrong sometimes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.