What Pass designs have you built?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
A30, AP1.7, F4, F5, F2, B1, Jfet BOZ

F3 and AJ (3rd attempt) in the works but new baby (#2) has temporarily displaced my DIY insanity. No interest in building F1

I stocked up on parts and was going to take 'The Pligrimage of Zen' - build all the zen variations from the beginning (or almost all)

I'll say it again because it cannot be said enough

Thank you Nelson Pass for sharing with the DIY community

ive built a few, a f5 f4 mini a's smd and normal part style, a few pass labs pre-amps and a zen.

Pics:)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Aleph X, F4, X-BOSOZ, B1, Pearl Not bad considering that I always thought myself to be an electronics idiot. I'm not sure if that is a comment on my potential to learn or the generosity of Nelson and this community to share their knowledge and teach.

OK,

Aleph 5
Aleph 30 monos
AX-100 monos, modified later to J-Fet input
BOSOZ, X-BOZOS, CCS-Cascoded X-BOSOZ
CD output stage based on BOSOZ
Aleph ONO

B1 parts are in a box waiting
Lovoltechs in another box are waiting to become an F3

Used with Thiel CS6, Dynaudio Audience 42,
Jordan the Wall and a pair of ZU Druids MK IV

William

the ff165k. And actually, it's the bk-16 speaker kit. So, also has the fostex t90a tweeter to fill in the very top end.
So, while most of us for some reason still call these full rangers... Im technically 3way. Just the cross over is super high for the tweeter, and super low for the subs.\

It sounds great! It's my first set of speakers that didn't come from a big electronics store, and they easily beat all of the commercial speakers I've had.

and, I don't really cross anything over. The ff165 gets the full signal, the lows are lowpassed, highs highpassed.

Well, i got the ich a few day's ago and well i fired up one of my stereo aleph mini's the ( smd version ) and what was a i missing SO MUCH detail.

Running one stereo aleph at the moment whyle i fix the other so i can bi-amp again.

Running a opa627 with all black gate caps as my pre-amp.

Was having problems with a passive volume pot, when i got the to middle there was no difference between 10-2 but after about 3 more bass arrived so i removed it for now then went back to my opa627 pre-amp.

Have a few mods to do but soon.:)

Thanks for the posts everybody. Now i can needle those of you that have built the amps I'm in interested in. ;)

Good idea :p

TO help the needling, you might want to think about a few things ?

A budget how much you want to spend, because you can buy some pretty NICe parts, or you can buy parts to just get your amplifier going then change out things.

B research your parts, ie heat sinks transistors boards etc etc.

C how many watts you want need, what your design goals are.

D How many amps you want.

E, what type or kind of pre-amp you have.

F what type of music you listen to.

So many variable's:spin::spin::spin::spin:

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Was the D1 based Dac ever shared by NP?

The schematic was posted to the Pass website at one point. The schematic was for the rev. 1 boards and carried a bright red disclaimer - "this is not intended as a project and will not be supported as such. do not call us."

I've built Spencers D1V3 which is very loosely based on the D1.

Also ONO, P1.7 (veteran boards and dantimax volume control) and Aleph 30 monoblocs built on BrianGT's boards.

cheers
Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.