What music did you last buy?

Listening to...

Have you ever listened to any albums from the Peter Green-era Fleetwood Mac?
Yes. Green Manalishi (sp?) is in my top 10 favorites, best raw rock angst of any song. I also think Oh Well was up there, just for the novelty of it.
I am not much of a British blues fan, so the rest is not my style.
Unlike many to most people, I also liked the Bob Welch era, very different than anything else. Sentimental Lady is a song burned into my brain because of someone in my distant college past. You know how that goes.
If you haven't, read Mick Fleetwood's autobiography and see the film 'Sound City', which chronicles the beginning of the current lineup.
All good stuff. My boys didn't like it that much, but as they grow there is a real appreciation for Brian Wilson and for Fleetwood Mac. My oldest son played one year in the USC Marching Band, and, of course, their standard list includes 'Tusk' which the band was featured.
I realize music fanatics are loath to like a mainstream band, get a lot from naming obscure ones. But, Who's Next, The Doors, and Tango in the Night are albums that still blow me away. The remastered versions are even better.
Oh, don't forget probably the most creative of all, Love and their album 'Forever Changes'. Especially on a Pass F5 DYI and a pair of Pensil 10Ps.
Thanks for winding me up here. Peter Green was a major star that never was, unfortunately.

Samantha Fish:
"Black Wind Howlin'"
"Runaway"
"Wild Heart"

Also The Academy Of St. Martins-In-The-Fields with Sir Neville Marriner.

Listened to a few tracks on YouTube as The Academy do them far better than anyone else (IMO) and went to Amazon to order the CD, which I have wanted for years - I bought the LP in 1976 and have always loved it.
Unfortunately when it arrived it is another LP - there is no CD.

Oh Well! as Fleetwood Mac would say ^^ :)

Apropos that, my eldest granddaughter (16) is an avid Mac fan and has bought everything they have produced - on both vinyl and CD.

31696120_350_350.jpg

First edition Masters of Reality (not the vertigo and Pink Floyd Dark Side of the moon early Japanese copy. The Sabbath jacket is pretty worn but apparently because the early copies werent treated and did not endure as well as later versions. Therefor the jacket looks as though it withstood some abuse or poor storage conditions. The vinyl is in great shape that is my main concern anyway. Im not sure if 1st ed. non vertigo copies had the poster, in any case mine is void of a poster.

Attachments

• sept8.jpg
    sept8.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 99
  • sep8.jpg
    sep8.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 102