What music did you last buy?

I last got a PHIL COLLINS 8 track :)

ALBUM: Face Value

Ya know..... I didnt realise the song "THE ROOF IS LEAKING" had sound effects of rain coming in during the song!! -- I didnt ever hear that on my record of the same album!!

I wonder if its cause I can listen to my 8 track in MONO?? (Everything is louder and merged together)

Sometimes tunes recorded in stereo do interesting things when mixed down to mono. I always liked hearing Boston's "More Than a Feeling" on AM (mono) radio because of the cool undulating major chord effect you hear at the end of the big guitar solo. It's not nearly as noticeable in stereo.

Last edited:
Just came in the mail: a used copy of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours on DVD-Audio. I bought it for the 5.1 surround mix - I'm enjoying those quite a bit these days. Paid a bit too much, but not as crazy as many of these used titles have been selling for lately. Disc was more than a little scuffed, which concerned me, but it only had to play error-free one time to get it on the server. :)

Today I got a cassette I ordered :)

Yes - Fragile (1973 release (It has german words on the label (Gema,etc)))

Jim the Oldbie said:
Sometimes tunes recorded in stereo do interesting things when mixed down to mono. I always liked hearing Boston's "More Than a Feeling" on AM (mono) radio because of the cool undulating major chord effect you hear at the end of the big guitar solo. It's not nearly as noticeable in stereo.
Yes in my opinion MONO is much better.. I have always preferred it... Stereo just ruins the music!!

I think its actually supposed to be CRICKETS in this song (Like he wanted to give the effect of being OUTSIDE when making that song) ..... On the record I can barely hear them!!! (I even tried playing the record on my Crosley player,still they could barely be heard)

Today I got 4 records :)

1) Beastie boys - Singles (Cooky Puss,Bonus Batter on side 1 and Beastie Revolution,cooky puss EDITED VERSION on side 2)
2) Top 12 (Vol 3) - Various artists which hit the top 12 in the 50s
3) The Worlds Greatest Polkas
4) 45: David and Jonathon - She's leaving home/One Born Every Minute