What music did you last buy?

Just bought a CD of Beethoven's Concerto for Violin, Cello and Piano in C major, Op. 56 "Triple Concerto." It features the Storioni Trio and the Netherlands Symphony Orchestra. The piano used is a Lagrasse 1815 fortepiano and the violin and cello use gut strings so the sound is similar to what Beethoven, or his contemporaries, would have heard. To further enhance the performance, the orchestra uses period brass instruments. This is the finest recording of Beethoven's Triple Concerto I've heard to this point and undoubtedly the most accurate in terms of the composer's intentions.

The disc also includes Beethoven's Piano Trio in B-flat major, Op. 97 "Archduke" using the same fortepiano and gut strings.

The disc is Challenge Classics CC72579.

Andrea Arcangeli - Blade of Grass EP (12")
Seba - Sienna / Nichoho (limited pink marbled 12")
Kollektiv Turmstrasse - Sry I'm Late EP (12")
Dusky - Love Taking Over EP (12")
Proff - Carmel (Original Mix) (FLAC)
D-Nox & Beckers - Secret Games (Martin Roth Remix) (FLAC)

...and a bunch of classic trance records.

Blackstar

David Bowie's Blackstar. When I awoke a couple weeks ago to find Bowie was dead I was crushed. The day only got worse after that, Mondays. The album is like nothing I've ever heard. The stage is like a black room without spatial references. You might call it disembodied. The sounds are oblique and inverted. Its only earthly reference is jazz but its not a jazz album at all. This album is not of this world.

At 4:40 this morning I woke from a dream. Bowie was in an old school auditorium. He had just finished a small solo concert for an old friend's son and his classmates. He was surrounded by a group of 14yr olds in school uniforms. I found him well and content. He glanced over at me and made eye contact. His broad smile got a little wider when he did. I left the room and jumped down the stairs. I was running downtown where we were meeting for dinner. I haven't been able to run in years.

I can't say that I 'like' the album like is too small a word.

Attachments

• Bowie's birthday smile.JPG
    Bowie's birthday smile.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 116