What music did you last buy?

Recently acquired LPs....

From a local flea market....
Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly (vinyl is MN)

From e-bay......
The Beatles - Second Album (in mono and vinyl is EX to NM)

Two new LPs .........
Please Please Me - The Beatles
The 2014 analog remaster in mono

Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls

Last edited:
One or my best scores ever! One Mercury Living Presence Stereo and eleven RCA Living Stereos. All originals and all in mint condition (jackets & disks) from an estate sale. Also a dozen various "Everest" classical disks and a Beatles "Sweet Apple Trax" picture disk. Plus another carry case of jazz LPs that I haven't really sorted out yet. I'd say about 60+ records in all for under $100.

Attachments

• records.JPG
    records.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 111
Like in electronics, things evolved over the last 40 years since the Flowers of Romance.

But from the more recent days, here's a grande concert in Berlin, 2011. I was somewhere in that crowd...

Maybe they've devolved. Some folks my age sit around being deadheads, I'm stuck circa 1981, listened last night to the 45 box set of Beating the Retreat almost got me missing subwoofers. :)

Did you ever see Blixa's cooking video? The EN collaboration with the Butoh dancers is awesome IMO.

Lost a member here with similar tastes, he lamented that EN was denied a visa to Canada, also a big David Thomas fan.

Maybe they've devolved. Some folks my age sit around being deadheads, I'm stuck circa 1981, listened last night to the 45 box set of Beating the Retreat almost got me missing subwoofers. :)

Did you ever see Blixa's cooking video? The EN collaboration with the Butoh dancers is awesome IMO.

Lost a member here with similar tastes, he lamented that EN was denied a visa to Canada, also a big David Thomas fan.

Halber Mensch? yes, I've seen the video.

I know the guy, he pointed me to this forum. Sorry to see him go, as far as I understand many other valuable EEs left since. In all truth, there's not much left here for an EE, other than having fun with ruffling some (more or less famous, or self appointed) audio guru feathers.

I got 3 records today :)

1) Yes - Close to the edgeset)

One of my favs. Are we talking original vinyl or a later digital edition? While I dearly love my vinyl, on some Yes records (most, actually) I think the band's reach far exceeded their grasp, and the production underserves the vision of the material. The song "Close to the Edge", in my opinion, has the highest ambition/realization ratio. The only worse recording of this song is on Yessongs. I don't think they got close until the second CD remix. My opinion.;)

A notable LP..........

Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum

This is a early compilation album ( her first) with some of the very best of the "Stone Poney" tracks and some of the very best of her early solo tracks........
...........including "Long Long Time" and her great version of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" .

http://www.discogs.com/Linda-Ronstadt-Different-Drum/release/2513549

A real vintage gem and the vinyl is NM. :)

Attachments

• LR comp.xx1.jpg
    LR comp.xx1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited: