What music did you last buy?

The Chameleons Strange Days CD

1980's Manchester scene at its best

Attachments

• chameleons-strange_times-front.jpg
    chameleons-strange_times-front.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 81
Mrs. Y went a little crazy last night after a concert of The *hitunauts, in a good way. Willy Porter, "Six Degrees"; Peter Mulvey, "Rapture"; Peter Mulvey, "Glencree"; Randy Sabien Jazz Quintet, "In A Fog"; Willy Porter, "How to Rob a Bank".

We had good seats for the show...

Attachments

• mulvey.JPG
    mulvey.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 67
After some searching, I finally got a still sealed original '77 pressing of.....

Dean Friedman - debut album

Even on Dean's web site where he sells his albums as CDs and for DLs, he says that this album is no longer available in any format.
I only paid $4.00 for it on E-bay.

Anyway this is the Album that "Ariel" is from which was a hit in some ares particularity in the NY. NY PA tri state area as the song makes a references to a Paramus NJ shopping mall (Paramus Park) and describes how he met and made a date with a girl he met there back in the '70s
It also make reference to a local radio station .... .WBAI
It is an infectious "feel good" song..

For those who are not aware of Dean.......
He is a somewhat quirky singer songwriter.

Ariel - Dean Friedman . - YouTube
http://youtu.be/Rbvqe5wMbtQ

Last edited:
JoeDJ said:
Just got....

Don McLean - American Pie (LP)
Original '71 US pressing..... "UAS-5533"
Excellent buddy.... A good record!!

On Thursday I got a record

Blood,sweat and tears - No name on it

and a vhs tape!

WOODSTOCK 69! -- 2 tapes

I was happy I found this... I had found one last month and I just sat on ceremony and one day it was gone.... Then I starting trying to find other copies and all I could find were DIGITALLY PROCESSED copies .. I finally found another earlier release of this that IS NOT DIGITALLY PROCESSED and I wasnt gonna let it go again!!!!

The original 1987 release of this IS NOT DIGITALLY PROCESSED while the newer 1992 release is

Woodstock 1994 IS DIGITALLY MASTERED on its offical tape and Woodstock 99 was digitally recorded ...... Woodstock 69 is the only one out there (1987 release) that hasnt been digitally affected and WITH THAT BEING THE BEST ONE OF THEM ALL,its quite awesome!!!

I wanna hear the music IN ANALOG!!!!!! (I dont want it to sound compromised because the tape was digitally altered)

Woodstock 69 is awesome!!!!!! -- THE BEST EVENT I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Woodstock 94 is good also although I do not like some of the bands....

Woodstock 99 is complete crap and a disgrace to the orginal Woodstock meaning!

I got 2 records today :)

1) Seals & Croft - Down Home
2) Robert Hazard -- I THINK ITS HIS FIRST ALBUM (No name on it) -- EXCELLENT!! (1981)

I love that song ESCALATOR OF LIFE!!!!!

When I saw this @ salvation army,i saw the song "CHANGE REACTION" and @ first I thought it was that song by Journey "Chain reaction" that I love so I got the album!!

BOY IM GLAD I DID!!!!!!

I got 2 records today :)

1) Seals & Croft - Down Home
2) Robert Hazard -- I THINK ITS HIS FIRST ALBUM (No name on it) -- EXCELLENT!! (1981)

I love that song ESCALATOR OF LIFE!!!!!

When I saw this @ salvation army,i saw the song "CHANGE REACTION" and @ first I thought it was that song by Journey "Chain reaction" that I love so I got the album!!

BOY IM GLAD I DID!!!!!!

" Change Reaction" and "Escalator of Life" were video staples during the very early days of "MTV".

I have "Troubadour" ....... the very last album (CD) Robert recorded before he passed away in 2008 due to cancer.
It is a well recorded and mastere CD in the classic singer/songwriter vein. In fact, Eric Andersen is on one of the tracks .
I highly recommend it. IMO it's his very best.. :)

You can sample it here ....
http://www.amazon.com/Troubadour-Robert-Hazard/dp/B000TLYOHK

Last edited: