What music did you last buy?

Just got an almost mint original (vinyl) pressing of ......

Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual

This is a one that is "gold" stamped in the back cover " by CBS as a "promotional copy only... not for resale". It's on the "Portrait" label and is in complete retail packaging..
I don't know it that is good or bad (I have a few with that stamp) but this LP is pristine...
vinyl, sleeve and insert,...everything.
I looks like it was receive by a radio station etc...... opened but never or hardly ever played.. .....then kept in storage all these years. . :)

Last edited:
I got rid of the alabama Tape :D (Too NEW country for my liking (Country music BECAME THAT COUNTRY ROCK CRAP in the 80s))...................

I agree. I hate the crap that is now coming out of Nashville.

About the only country singers that I presently like is Nanci Griffith, Iris DeMent, And Willie Nelson.
I also like classic bluegrass. :)

Last edited:
Just got a 180 gram version of Pink Floyd - Wishing You Were Here :) First LP I have bought in 20 years.

Welcome back to vinyl . :)
I got back into it about a year ago after abandoning it in the early '80s.

A bit of caution.........
Most of the 180 gram LPs being released are just a marketing gimmick to cash in on the resurgent of vinyl.
They are digital remasters just transferred to vinyl..
Also, there is no evidence that a 180 gram LP sounds any better that a standard weight LP... everthing else being equal.
I got originally got suckered into a couple of them until I realized that an original pressing (OP) in good shape sounds much better and this is all I purchase anymore.

BTW, I got an OP of "Wish You Were Here" a while back and just the other day I got an OP of "Dark Sided" Of The Moon"
Great vintage LP bargains are still out there... you just have to look..

Personally, I have gotten some great vintage LPs locally but, I also found some inexpensive vintage treasures on E-Bay.
Most vinyl that I purchase ranges in price form $1 to $10.
Some,just need a good cleaning and are about flawless after that .
Yeah,, I got a couple of bad LPs along the way but most all are pleasant surprises. :).

Last edited:
Just got a 180 gram version of Pink Floyd - Wishing You Were Here :) First LP I have bought in 20 years.

I have three cd copies of wish you were here, same with the wall. The last ones came in a box set of latest re-mastering-s, they sound excellent. I might not be quite as fussy on it as some (but cant stand bad recordings) but I don't think I've heard a bad Pink Floyd recording, but then I haven't heard them all. More so I get the impression they are meticulous when it comes to they're material.

Open question, what copies by pink Floyd do you think could of been done better?

JOHN KAY & STEPPENWOlf (DVD):sing:

Attachments

• 1309890810_cd-inside.jpg
    1309890810_cd-inside.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 123
JoeDJ said:
Most of the 180 gram LPs being released are just a marketing gimmick to cash in on the resurgent of vinyl.
They are digital remasters just transferred to vinyl..
Also, there is no evidence that a 180 gram LP sounds any better that a standard weight LP... everthing else being equal.
Not at all..... DIGITAL SOUNDS FLAT AND VOIDISH!!!!!

It doesnt matter if your listenening to it on a record!

i dont use k7 anymore , just not practical and deteriorates over time , miss that analog sound though , cd´s dont make you jump of the chair like vinyl or k7 did , love the clear sound cd´s have but they dont sound so natural as anolog sources.

Maybe it´s cause nature isnt digital ?

Yeah...... cassettes certainly have their problems
However I still have my cassette deck (and head demagnetizer) from the '70s and even though I longer have any cassettes I can not bring myself to get rid of the deck .