What music did you last buy?

Uhhmm, let's see
Various labels such as Decca, Philips, Emi and Music Angel from NYC
And RCA; OLIVER! a play by Lionel Bart
The orchestral music of Richard Strauss, directed by Rudolf Kempe -4 discs
The art of Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli
Sting quartets A- Moll Op 132 by LVBeethoven
Don Quixote with Fournier playing his instrument (cello!)
Shubert's no.9 directed by Sawallisch
OH! This was nice : Kathleen Ferrier sings the part of Orfeo in Gluck's Orfeo and Euridice ( Ace Of Clubs- Mono )
Artur Rubinstein - Chopin-The piano concertos
Ivor Zhukov plays Scriabin ( Russian label)
Bruno Walter -Mahler symphony #9 -2 discs, one MISSING !!

And Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring
Bonus records-without sleeves
Italian songs of the '60s ( RCA) - That makes a couple with another one
Chick Corea- Return to Forever (MCM)

We've been directing our music money to Kickstarter, where we can help fund artists who are doing something new and interesting, and who aren't millionaires. Latest one is Kris Delmhorst and her soon-to-be-released "Blood Test."

Really, it doesn't cost much (if any) more than buying the record or CD and you're encouraging innovation instead of recycling dinosaurs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/388013493/kris-delmhorsts-new-album-blood-test

SY- I note particularly that even the lowest cost of entry ($10 - the cost of a desert and coffee or glass of wine at dinner) entitles contributor to digital download in high res format - and at higher levels ($65 or more - about the cost of a decent Pinot Noir at dinner ;)) even vinyl as well .

This is definitely an interesting new business model

of course, there is still something to be said for the old favorites

One of my favorite Asian female singers from Singapore, Olivia Ong. "Fall In Love With Olivia" Her voice is no powerhouse but very sweet, clean and clear. Most songs are in English. But a couple are in Chinese and Japanese. And this is an HDCD 24 Bit recording. :sing:

Attachments

• Olivia1.jpg
    Olivia1.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 135
  • Olivia2.jpg
    Olivia2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 133
Just got a pristine OP LP of "Cat Stevens" - Catch Bull At Four"

I had a copy back in the '70s and it was one of my favorites. It's his best as far as I'm concerned.

He was often misquoted and misunderstood when he converted to Islam .

In any event he just got inducted into R&R hall of fame and is again preforming some of his old songs songs after coming to the realization that his music and Islam can indeed co-exist. He is genuinely happy to be back performing and is even recoding a new album .

He also no longer seems to mid being referred to as Cat Stevens but does prefer "Yusuf " He is a an older and much wiser man and performer.
With Jimmy Fallon last week........
http://youtu.be/AHEodTwr_N0

Last edited:
Random thread... but hey I will bite.

I found this (for me) interesting 2011 jazz / world album from a band called "Human Element":
Human Element: Human Element

You can preview tracks at Amazon:
Amazon.com: Human Element: Music

The is a very interesting mix of Pat Metheny's 2002 album "Speaking of Now" (Speaking of Now - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), which has some interesting world music influences, plus aspects of Joe Zawinul stuff. Some really interesting work, and there isn't much like it out there to my knowledge.

I jut got !964 pressing of ......

"The Miracles - Greatest Hits ( From The Beginning)"
This is a two record set .
And......I got the MONO version!
The same album was eventually released in "stereo" so, I was lucky to get this.
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=

It is in excellent shape with just a couple of minor surface scratches and after thorough cleaning,.... it sounds great in glorious mono as it was recorded.
I would rate it as a VG++
The cover however has seem much better days and is on life support with plenty of Scotch tape
AIUJFJjLEaFejDwMFPgDB6skt9YYKOAAQDBMSlS9GiMMVAogX+iUUoMiBgIhJ2zUEvjmQp9ArRJdaTSIDw8ZIEgMzENkhIINC4KQ2jKFwg2Bf2R1IhAmDiUBBzh5MWShjqdRHdwsmQVMj6UnBgboAqTFFBgyAwMgSjVkhYs2EvAEWCiQA5IeVeTsyJImypGFEKwo+BAiVpkMri7tyoGrkDBblUQ4qYCFSiYzGhDcKSFJDA1fvEw0OKBDgKgCNWawWABLSqgip5o8wICGAIABmwDQQqVplR1hilTsmcPkzCMuRmBMSuDj0EBBv+CwgcSgRYJFkbp8oivwhZ8IE6DMA10YEAA7

"Smokey" and the Miracles was one of my favorite groups pre the "British invasion" and the last time I heard most of theses songs was on worn 45s played on a cheap record players with a ceramic cartridge.
It's nice to hear them on a modern, relatively high end sys..
They are all classics from the very early days of Motown.