What music did you last buy?

Just got a "78 pressing of.....

"Buddy Holly - Buddy Holly Lives" ("20 golden greats") .......a collection of 20 of his
Best songs (LP #MVA37244).

It's in NM shape but I would have preferred it be in the original mono...... not in "simulated" stereo. It dos not sound too bad though. .

Last week, Amy Winehouse "Back to Black" (love it and cannot believe it took me so long) and that classic Monty Python compilation which includes "Sit on my face and tell me that you love me".

Before that, five CD set of Warren Zevon's early albums. Brutally honest lyrics, just like Amy Winehouse. I love great lyrics.

Abs

Last edited:
Just received (via e-Bay) two, still sealed OP of two '70s LPs (from the same seller) at a very reasonable price.

1) Justin Hayward and John Lodge - Blue Jays (It still had an original record store price sticker on it for $5.99)

2) Ricky Nelson - Garden Party (It had a price sticker on it for $1.99

I remember when it was first released and reviewed in"Stereo Review". The reviewer said that he wished people would get over their prejudices of Ricky that stemmed from his squeaky clean (manufactured) image on the "Ozzy and Harriet" show because this album was pretty good.

Admittedly, I had my own prejudices about Ricky back then.
However, I always like the song "Garden Party"
SO , I thought now, I would give the album a listen.
The reviewer was right..... the album is not bad at all.:)

Last edited:
I got 2 records today!!!!

1) Al stewart - YEAR OF THE CAT (Excellent album)

2) Def Leppard - PyroMania (This is a replacement for this album that I got in the 80s which I didnt take care of (Now it has scratches,skips,etc) -- Luckily its the same masterdisc copy (From our friend Bob Ludwig))

I got 2 records today!!!!

1) Al stewart - YEAR OF THE CAT (Excellent album)

2) Def Leppard - PyroMania (This is a replacement for this album that I got in the 80s which I didnt take care of (Now it has scratches,skips,etc) -- Luckily its the same masterdisc copy (From our friend Bob Ludwig))

"Year Of The Cat" is indeed excellent and is currently one of my favorite albums.

I have the CD as well as the OP vinyl. The CD is very well remastered but, the vinyl is of course still better in some aspects.. :)

Last edited: