What music did you last buy?

I found a BETA tape of Duran Duran today (2 videos on it (Hungry like a wolf/Girls on film))

I dont have a BETA machine but I was wondering if I could put this BETA tape in a VHS case and @ least HEAR THE MUSIC,i dunno........ (This is the FIRST TIME I have ever seen a BETA tape in person (Which is why I think I got it (IT WAS IN THE GARBAGE PILE OUTSIDE TODAY @ SALVATION ARMY))) -- Boy they are small!!

I also got a 45 -- GENESIS: Thats all/Second home by the sea

bnorrish said:
There are a few labels (Analog Productions is one) that release vinyl from original master tapes and are mastered and pressed in analog without being converted to digital first. Many of these releases are stunning.
Thats nice knowing bud :)

Yes, one of my best friends (was) a Sony rep. I agree, too bad the format did not succeed. It was the best from a mechanical and audible standpoint. Just a cursory engineering look at the mechanics of the Betamax format will show it's undoubtable superiority.

Actually the Sony Betatmax format was visually superior but, the VHS format won out in the consumer market for reasons that this old brain can no longer remember. :).

I got all these on monday :)

Little river band - Time Exposure
Genesis - No Name on it (The one with 'Taking it all too hard' on it)
Genesis - A trick of the tail
Genesis - ...and then there were three...

I also got 'THE BEATLES LIVE' on VHS (1964) -- WOW THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN THEM ALL IN PERSON!!!!! (Brought tears to my eyes it was so beautiful)

Just got an early pressing of Jethro Tull's Aqualung on the Reprise orange steamboat label.

Recently, I mistakenly got the Crysalis blue and white label copy which is garbage IMO..... ....the sound is not that great and some songs are actual shortened.
It's no wonder the seller only wanted $4 for a NM copy of it .

Last edited:
Just got an almost mint copy of the Big Brother/Joplin - Cheap Thrills LP.,
It's with the Columbia "2 eye" label.
It looks and sounds like it was only played one or twice in '68 and then put into safe storage until now ......a great find. :)

I also just purchased on E-bay a NM copy of Rickie Lee Jones - A Girl At her Volcano.
This is a 33- 10" vinyl release from 1983

Last edited:
Yes I usually clean mine with soap and water when I get them if they look dirty!

I have the first 2 albums you listed!!

Yesterday i got these:

Americas greatest hits

and

Whitesnake Trilogy on VHS (5 awesome songs from them (3 are videos and of those 'HERE I GO AGAIN' was a dissapointment (I like thier original version of this song MUCH BETTER)))

The strange thing about the Mott album is it has a CBS label on it...... the orange one with one big "eye" in the center.........not the Colombia label as it was released in the states.

As I understand it, Columbia had to use the CBS label outside of the US in some countries
So, I wonder where it was pressed.. I do suspect that it might be a UK pressing as the label used suggest that .

It also has somewhat thin vinyl and a thinner than normal cardboard cover but, it sounds OK..

Last edited:
Re: Columbia
The president of Sony married Mariah Carey
and he founded Sony-Columbia
Then they got divorced, though they were the same height :confused:
And we all know that he wanted to predate the movie collection of
Columbia Pictures, and no more interested in the only-audio thing.
Mariah made some other videos, some interesting collaborations:
I remember seeing Beyonce riding a car in a car race; though it was ladygaga.