What music did you last buy?

I last got all these :)

Greatest Country And Western Hits (No. 4) - This one is in Mono
A 78: Frank Sinatra - That lucky old sun/Could Ja
A 78: Frank Sinatra - If I loved you/You'll never walk alone
A 78: Gene Autry - Rudolph the red nose reindeer/If it doesnt snow on christmas (*)

* - I found a FIRST PRESSING of this 78 -- The one I had didnt sound as good and had a skip @ the very end of the first song.. (Rudolph the red nosed reindeer) -- RED COLUMBIA LABEL (Sounds better than the re-press I had of this (As most original pressings do))

Well yesterday I got:

A Cassette: Jack Wagner - All I need (Thats the only song I remember hearing off this album!! (All I need) but the whole thing sounds excellent! (Sometimes cassettes dont sound too good (Quite often the record of the SAME ALBUM sounds better)))

A Record: "Greatest country western hits" - There are 5 records in this set,they are all in Mono!! (They dont have a date on them,i tried to find info but I cant..... I found a stereo copy of this same set but it also didnt have a date!!) -- I believe it was put together in the 60s or early 70s......

TRADITIONAL COUNTRY MUSIC -- GOOD STUFF!!

Iris~Shiawase no Hako

Iris~Box of Happiness by Salyu. (Ayako Mori) A somewhat rare single CD from Japan. She is one of my favorite female singers even though I don't understand Japanese. I have eclectic tastes. Her voice is strong and clear with good articulation. This song is the ending theme from the Nintendo game "Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box" (Devil's Box/Pandora's Box in other countries) in which she voiced one of the characters.

Here is a youtube live version of the song. And if you saw the movie "Kill Bill 1" you heard here sing this

Attachments

• Iris.jpg
    Iris.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 75
Bought a pile of CDs last night. The eponymous "Redbird," Peter Mulvey's "Kitchen Radio," Kris Delmhorst's "Shotgun Singer," and David "Goody" Goodrich's new album, the name of which I just forgot. :D

This is all part of the Americana/folk kick I got onto when I moved to Austin a few years ago.

George Benson and Al Jarreau - Givin it up

Just ordered Miles Davis - Kind of Blue.......Only £3.49
I've only listened to ( I couldn't remember if it was) Blue in Green or Green in Blue?? I just checked; B in G

Supposed to be an iconic album, how can it possibly be so cheap?

I got some awesome albums today :)

1) Beach boys super hits
2) Chicago - Album 3 (2 record set)
3) Billy Joel - Piano Man
4) The Rolling Stones -Through the past,darkly (VOL 2)
5) The BEST of the Guess Who
6) The Who - Who are you (I have this cassette -- IM GLAD TO FINALLY HAVE THE ALBUM ALSO)

Bach and Beatles.

Just got one of the kids to give me: "Goldberg Variations" for Christmas. Chen Pi-hsien. I am not made keen on other interpretations.

And re: "The Beatles". I was around then. 61 yrs old now. I was a great fan at the time and bought at least one album, thought they were terrific but I noticed a few years ago that I can now pretty much take them or leave them be at the moment. I was a bit surprised to find I don't really dislike them, its just that I can't really be bothered listening to the end of their ANY of songs any more. Yet there is a lot of other material from that period I still really love..............so I'm a little perplexed by my reaction....
possibly a support group around for fellow suffers ha ha.
Cheers, Jonathan