What are you drinking?

Nine locks dirty blonde last night

Attachments

• IMG_6274-web.jpg
    IMG_6274-web.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 119
I'm drinking from my IVAC volumetric pump.

That reminds me of a story. We purchased a special biotech device called an FPLC which is used in commonly used for the purification of proteins. They utilize very highly accurate pumps capable of dispensing between 0.001ml/min and 100ml/min (accurate to around 0.1%). These pumps have a buffer blender attached which can mix up to 8 different liquids at once and can maintain mixture accuracy to within 0.5%. According to the project manager, what was the first thought in their head? "This would be really good for making alcoholic beverages"; so that is what they did. The hooked up gin, vodka, rum, bourbon/whiskey, tonic and two types of fruit juices. Created a bunch of automated programs to call for drinks. It ended up working so well that the first time they demo'd the machine at a trade show, they secretly made alcoholic drinks for anyone that knew to ask for one. The pumps were so precise that it could even create layered drinks automatically and things like that. He said this went on for almost two years; icluding several close brushes with the safety officers, they labeled the buffers Buffer J1 (Juice 1), Buffer V (Vodka), etc. until the project was 100% completed and transferred to manufacturing. Even the director and VP of their division knew about it and would come in to the lab to get drinks from time to time.

Egg Nog with Evan Walker Honey....

Come the weekend, decaf Kona with Jameson's Caskmates Stout, Irish whiskey and a little sugar with some whipped cream on top, love that Irish coffee...

The Caskmates story is worth the time to look up online...

When I can afford it, Prarie Artisan Ales "Bomb" Stout, MMMM good!

Drinking a custom drink made of:

1. Dark rum
2. Unrefined (dark) Sugar Cane syrup
3. Amaretto
4. Angostura Bitters
5. Vanilla Extract
6. Some water to liberate the aromatic molecules, use as much until the whole drink tastes smooth

Optional: some soluble coffee, some soluble dark chocolate

Give it a try.