What are you drinking?

Cockburn's special reserve port - I love the way it warms the throat as you swallow it. Like cognac, but I am off hard liquor, so this is good. Is there some other port that is similar, but lighter in body and better? I would love to buy it the next time I am at a duty free store.

Port is NOT a light drink! You might want to try a Banyuls, something like the rimage from Dr. Parce. Somewhat like Port, though French and made from Grenache, it is stunningly good and if you like dark chocolate, it's a heaven-sent combination.

Port is NOT a light drink! You might want to try a Banyuls, something like the rimage from Dr. Parce. Somewhat like Port, though French and made from Grenache, it is stunningly good and if you like dark chocolate, it's a heaven-sent combination.
Thank you. That was useful. Yes I love bitter chocolate... What with life being so bitter anyways... Atleast enjoy the bitterness [emoji21]

G

I'm alternating between Big Bend Hefeweizen and Shiner Holiday Cheer. Both labels identify them as ales, but odd alcoholic beverage laws prevent me from fully accepting that. Anyway, they are both good winter brews (well, it's mid-60s F here right now) with a sweetness and/or spiciness that complements the holiday season.

Last night...
a couple of small glasses of Moet & Chandon Imperial Brut,
Sierra Nevada's Torpedo or two, maybe three
Whistle Pig Rye Single Barrel (#5) 117 proof
Real Ale's Sisyphus 2015 Barleywine, shared a bottle.
Maker's Mark Bourbon "Cask Strength" 111.4 proof with a couple of "repeats"

Today, bulletproof coffee and lots of water.

in training for Dec 31, then?

my last serious spirit was -

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A gift from my son -I personally prefer their Seaside Gin, or the scrumptious Fermentorium Stump Gin - including a very interesting combination of botanicals - Cascade Hops, Grand Fir, Bay Laurel, Coriander and Lavender - a lot more to a good gin than just the juniper

stump-gin.png

Coffee, Whole Earth Ginger lemonade, fresh fruit juice, herbal tea and on cold evenings like today, hot milk with honey...

Rarely i drink alcohol, but if it is, it's mostly a good Bourgogne or similar 'pinot noir' red wine or a good Trappist beer. I just think about it that i still got some Westvleteren 12...
westvleteren-12.jpg

Last edited: