WEILIANG DAC5 - WM8741 & Tenor TE7022

DAC7 Weiliang

DAC7 Weiliang - "" "" HELP "" "" I have the following problem, when switching between toslink and spdif hear popping, further when listening to music via toslink hear popping at random intervals. Does anyone have an idea what can be the problem?
Further I have a question about the purpose of double toggle switch with two LEDs?
Further pcb is fitted with IO opa2604 and 0.3ppm TCXO 12.000000MHz (Golden), but the sound quality I'm not excited. When buying this product, I do not receive no instructions for use. I've just found that trimming is used to adjust the voltage to 12V Opa. Another option settings on the board or not is besides the two switches.

I know that mine needed to burn in some before producing meaningful bass, and clear highs.

My question for those who know more about electronics than I do is:

Which opamp is for the buffer, and which is the gain?

Was considering placing different opamps in place of the opa2604's, and was curious as to specific placement. Mine is version 1.9(DAC5).

I recently purchased the CM6631 module which fits into the DAC7. Unfortunately the supplied drivers do not work with my Win 7 laptop. Any ideas on getting it to work. The LED on the CM6631 board lights up. The LED on the main board also lights up indicating USB when I plug the USB cable into the computer.
The driver installer just shows a message - Please plug in the CMAUDIO USB 2.0 device..

after failing & smoked 3 sets DAC5 kit, finally i gave up and ordered a pre-built board, together with the 1ppm crystal, opamps (47920HA), upgraded voltage regulators and a CM6631a usb interface. (make sure nothing goes wrong this time.)

works flawlessly with usb & coaxial. the sound is good & clear.

may someone teach me what is the name of those rectifier diode in red circle? are they good?:confused:

Attachments

• nEO_IMG_P1090806.jpg
    nEO_IMG_P1090806.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 596
  • nEO_IMG_P1090808.jpg
    nEO_IMG_P1090808.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:
I recently purchased the CM6631 module which fits into the DAC7. Unfortunately the supplied drivers do not work with my Win 7 laptop. Any ideas on getting it to work. The LED on the CM6631 board lights up. The LED on the main board also lights up indicating USB when I plug the USB cable into the computer.
The driver installer just shows a message - Please plug in the CMAUDIO USB 2.0 device..

Hi, same here, but I managed to install the driver anyway. This is what I did to get the USB working.

1) PC running (yes Win 7), I opened the "system" dialog box, if the DAC7 is plug in I can see from the device list.

2) turn on the DAC7

3) plug in the USB cable.

4) Pray. It works..most of the time.. if it don't, I unplug the cable and change to another USB port.

This is the first time I pipe my audio from my CD player/PC through a DAC and it proves that dedicated D/A device does play a major role in improving sound quality. (Of course there are good CD players out there can can do it).

The USB inconsistency problem and the limited ability to detect SPDIF condition (from my CD Player) and mute itself, prompted me to get D/A units from well known manufacturers rather than a kit.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the process of DIYing the DAC7 and I learnt a lot from it during the process.

I feel for you having attempted to assemble your own, that sucks. I was too afraid to try that myself.

I am waiting on a set of opa627 to come to me from far away. Might replace the caps in the dac and my E5 headphone amp next, but that will carry a bit more risk, of me trashing the board...

Well after I actually looked at the capacitors on my dac5, I don't think I'll be replacing any of them any time soon, they are decent quality as indicated.
Just awaiting the opa627 combo...
It has been sounding better and better, but nearing the 100 hour mark, I think it has finally settled.

DAC7 Weiliang - "" "" HELP "" "" I have the following problem, when switching between toslink and spdif hear popping, further when listening to music via toslink hear popping at random intervals. Does anyone have an idea what can be the problem?
Further I have a question about the purpose of double toggle switch with two LEDs?
Further pcb is fitted with IO opa2604 and 0.3ppm TCXO 12.000000MHz (Golden), but the sound quality I'm not excited. When buying this product, I do not receive no instructions for use. I've just found that trimming is used to adjust the voltage to 12V Opa. Another option settings on the board or not is besides the two switches.
Hello friend
Need short-circuiting the SEL point on the back PCB.

Hi

I use the 825 ic's. I have not tried the 600 serie, others i have tried. According to me these are the best. The sound is stable., fast, lows and highs are in balance, decay time is there, stereo image is 3d. Bass is solid and firm. Highs are smooth. Mids, ah, you are there! In short: best.
I have not compared with other dac but have listened to them at several occassians. Nothing to be shamed of. But maybe. It is because i change the crustal to 12.000000. I do not know.
Regards

CM6631 Driver

Hi, same here, but I managed to install the driver anyway. This is what I did to get the USB working.

1) PC running (yes Win 7), I opened the "system" dialog box, if the DAC7 is plug in I can see from the device list.

2) turn on the DAC7

3) plug in the USB cable.

4) Pray. It works..most of the time.. if it don't, I unplug the cable and change to another USB port.

This is the first time I pipe my audio from my CD player/PC through a DAC and it proves that dedicated D/A device does play a major role in improving sound quality. (Of course there are good CD players out there can can do it).

The USB inconsistency problem and the limited ability to detect SPDIF condition (from my CD Player) and mute itself, prompted me to get D/A units from well known manufacturers rather than a kit.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the process of DIYing the DAC7 and I learnt a lot from it during the process.
Hi,

I finally solved the problem. I think its because the 6631A chip is used and not 6631. I downloaded a different driver than the one the ebay vendor gave. This was from the internet. http://www.nutsaudio.com/driver/CM6631A_Driver.zip
Worked perfectly on all my Win 7 laptops.
Unfortunately does not have Win 8 drivers.
I do have a problem with some pops and cliks while changing tracks.

Rgds

Dual Mono - misnomer

Got a little question:

How many of these Klick do I need to replace the opamps of a DAC 5?
Looks like there are two included but what is the sense of that dual to mono adaptor?

Regards

Hi,
You will need 2 of these. The name 'dual to mono' is a bit confusing. Actually the 627 is a single channel op-amp. So 2 are used on the adaptor to give a dual channel chip compatible to a 5532. So dual to mono should really read mono to dual !!
The DAC board will have 2 of these opamps of type 5532 dual channel opamps - check that..

Hi,
jep I saw the two opamps on the board, so I wondered about that dual to mono adaptor. But now it's clear, thank you for that explanation :)

I'll order two pieces now ;)

Btw: The DAC 5 arrived today and it's simply amazing what comes out of my speakers. I really regret using an ASUS Xonar before!

Regards

Hi - I have a DAC7 connected to a SB Touch. To be frank I tried a variety of DACs- DAC7, AK4396, CS4397 etc and did not feel there is much of a difference between any of them compared with the analog out from my SB touch or even analog out from my laptop :) But its a good learning experience. Maybe one should go for ES9018 as its supposed to be the top of the line DAC these days.