WEILIANG DAC5 - WM8741 & Tenor TE7022

I don't wish to offend any sellers, but there have been lots of reports (in general, over the years) of fake opa627 (and other expensive) op-amps.

if you are going to get something serious like that, might as well order the parts from known distributers.

That can be very true for sure.

I can only confirm that my (maybe fakes) 627's sound very, very good. Way better than the "original" OPA2604.

i got my DAC7 with CM6631 chip, but i found the below problems:

1.) i cannot play 176k file via USB, does CM6631 support 176k rate??

2.) when playing 192k file, the sound got noise (glitches sound)

anyone know how ot solve this problem?

P.S. my source is Linux MPD server ALSA output...

I have just checked out the DAC7. It sounds quite good though I have concerns about the power supply design as there is a lot of heat being generated.

Hi vinodt1347,

I am starting the build of the dac 7. I have a some questions.
Which parts of the powersupply get very hot. Is it the analogue shunt supply or the digital supply or the analogue wm 8741 supply? What tansformer values do you use?

thanks Gr GJ

Its the 4 larger heatsinks on the board, near the capacitors. I guess these are the analogue shunt supplies. I used the 15-0-15 and 2 x 9V transformer rated at 30W. As I said here, I have also tried the AK4396 DAC which is about 1/2 the cost and I did not see a big difference.

Thank you Vinodt1347,

Good to know it are the analogue shunt larger heatsinks. I have also have bigger heatsinks laying around :)
Gr GJ

I had the Dac5 Kit (v1.7)

I seems get a signal locked from s/pdif (the middle LED light up), however, i didn't get any sound from the RCA out, measure with digital meter, i get a 2.2 dc output from left channel.

does that mean i had done something wrong with it?

thanks for your help.

Hello,

I'm planning to buy a DAC7 but I'm not sure about the op-amps. I read that changing the opamp will cause a great sound improvement, but what about the quality of the OPA627 from "minishow0328"? Here in Germany I would pay over 20$ for one OPA627...

Anyone who ordered them and tested?

Would be very grateful when someone could give me a hint :)

Greetings,
Kai

Hello,

I'm planning to buy a DAC7 but I'm not sure about the op-amps. I read that changing the opamp will cause a great sound improvement, but what about the quality of the OPA627 from "minishow0328"? Here in Germany I would pay over 20$ for one OPA627...

Anyone who ordered them and tested?

Would be very grateful when someone could give me a hint :)

Greetings,
Kai

ordered a pair of used opa627 waiting....for the postman..