• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

Hi guys :wave:

Officially the end of VSSA PCB set group buy. Last three parcels to send out today.

312 VSSA PCB sets sent all over the world in past 4 months.

Thanks for all your patience and support. :worship:

It is good starting ground and opening space for the next module which will come soon.

The name is First One and it will be ready made, assembled and tested to the last detail. It will be produced in thousands so no problems with waiting times.

Few reviews of ready made amplifiers based on the First One modules few posts back.

Coming soon.

Regards, Lazy Cat :cheers:

So, you mean to say no more soldering left for us? :D Just plug and play? I assume this amp has more power that its predecessor.

How much would the First One will cost? Could you give us a rough estimate?

So, you mean to say no more soldering left for us? :D Just plug and play? I assume this amp has more power that its predecessor.

How much would the First One will cost? Could you give us a rough estimate?

Yes, plug & play module. Power more or less 200 Wrms/8 Ohm, rails up to 150 V, price around 50 EUR. :cool:

I estimate it would give a lot of pleasure and performance for the buck. :cheers:

Yes, plug & play module. Power more or less 200 Wrms/8 Ohm, rails up to 150 V, price around 50 EUR. :cool:

I estimate it would give a lot of pleasure and performance for the buck. :cheers:

That's would made a perfectet christmas present that i could make my self.....since the VSSA DR mode it run since i've been to house...this with more power will be the muisic nirvana...It's unneccessary to said you you can count me in....

Marc

Will someone please clarify for me?

1) Is the GB - which has just recently been despatched - for essentially the same boards as was the first VSSA GB?

2) Is the new , more powerful 'plug & play' board mentioned in the last few posts above going to be available as a GB? Has it got a name?

Many thanks,

Brian

Will we have the luck to see some schematic (with or without values ;-) ?
My curiosity is also piqued a little.... (well, OK, more than a little). However, I would also say this - you can't get intellectual property rights back, after you publish an idea in a public forum. Copyrights and Patents only protect those with plenty of money to back them up in court. Been there, done that :rolleyes: (although not with audio, thankfully, that remains a hobby).

edit:

almost forgot... I'll be right there when the new GB opens :D

Last edited:
I remember that there was a problem with one resistor of the VSSA when powered with the SMPS
Only if you allow the amplifiers modules to read the PSU's schematic :)

To PMI, i believe nothing new enough in analog audio electronic to be patented, nowadays, so easy to change some details, to make reverse engineering...
In R&D of big companies, designing is more a commercial question (providers etc...) and near nobody is interested to copy other's work...
If i had something to copy from VSSA, it would be the nice arrangement between SMDs and trough hole components...

Last edited: