• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

two CRDs instead the 470ohm resistors (input pair's collector to rail), improve THD by 30%, mostly 2nd order.

Not the right place for CRD. 15k injection resistor can be replaced with CCS. 470 ohm determine input stage's voltage gain, so by replacing it with CRD would make extremely unstable and nonlinear transfer function. Sims swallow many unrealistic solutions. :D

What do you mean? To combine two amps? Please elaborate Sonny. :rolleyes:

At VSSA we are fixed to six transistors only, as promised. :yes:

Sorry i forgot about the thread saying only siz transistors.

The only reason to use this output section, is that the current is much lower in every part.

I think with your setting you are at about 20watt per channel instead of 4 - 8 watt per channel!?

But forget about what i have wrote.

I think with your setting you are at about 20watt per channel instead of 4 - 8 watt per channel!?

Two 50 kHz graphs clearly shows 50 Wrms/8 ohm at +/-32 V rails. Settings are: 1,8 mA input stage bias, 15 mA VAS bias, 100 mA output bias and all resistors values as in the VSSA 1.2 schematic. VAS transistors on the main heatsink, TLVH431 as bias spreader set to 1,565 V, Miller caps 12 pF. :cool:

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
regarding onboards caps

new develloped small lytics can have very low ESR and high current handling

I would say no poly caps needed, only one lytic cap per rail, thats all
and the VSSA board will look neat and simple

get rid of all those stupid caps
just my personal opinion on it, ofcourse :D

LC, can you please point to the schematic of the bias spreader using TL431. Thanks.

VSSA having VAS transistors on the main heatsink, because of the thermal considerations, require TLVH431 as bias spreader. Once bias is trimmed to proper value, 1 k trimmer can be measured and replaced with two fixed resistors. Vgg fixed to 1,565 V in my case, enabling 100 mA output bias current. :cool:

Attachments

• VSSA SCH 1.3.jpg
    VSSA SCH 1.3.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 1,505
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
neat looking board
looking at small changes
if you move one lytic up, and make the other smaller, you might be able to shrink the board maybe 20%
maybe it would help to make it just 10mm wider

your Vas heatsink design appear somewhat 'space wasting' ?
maybe consider making 'optioanl' mountinghole, somehow
would make optional mounting on main heatsink possible

Attachments

• VSSA_ALF08NP16V5 idefix mod.png
    VSSA_ALF08NP16V5 idefix mod.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,363