• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

VSSA is running since 2 hours non stop.

I placed it in my current setup

- Philipps CD723 as drive on digital output
- TDA1541 DAC
- Preamplifier DIY UGS : ugs - audiyofield
- DIY Bookshelfs speakers (Troels gravesen project) : lifa - audiyofield

p1030510.jpg

My listen room is in my basement house. It mesure 15m² and is quite good for bass reproduction.

Some pictures :
- 1 : Cinch with + and - soldered for adjuesting session
- 2 : Vas bias and offset adjusting
- 3 : ouput bias adjusting
- 4/5 : VSSA in my listening room

Attachments

• P1050068.JPG
    P1050068.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 565
  • P1050066.JPG
    P1050066.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 560
  • P1050067.JPG
    P1050067.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 566
  • P1050069.JPG
    P1050069.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 549
  • P1050073.JPG
    P1050073.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 273
So my version is Crappy one : no hightech aluminium box, really crappy heatsink, no SMSPS or capacitance multiplier, non CRC nor CLC, no hightech rectifier diode just a 300Va 2x25Vac per bloc coupled at two 35A rectifier bridge, and follow with a good 22.000uf/40v screw cap per rail....

And even with no breakin this puppies are terrific...I have as many people my fetish music stuff that i listen more than 10 year long and that give me right some flags on what the system is capable....I say you these puppies are unbelieveble : details of course, bass line (grrrrrr dry as they must been but deep...and i have only a 14cm woofer...). One thigh that suprise me the most are the weigh of silence...it's quite diffcult to explain but when more time when sound is not so clean even during silence you have impression that somethings playing....

These puppies must yet take more breakin and me more pleasure time. Thanks LC for this present.

Marc

Goood you like the first impression. I tell you this little amp show all the details from the background, ussually people just think that there's maybe something more in the music to be revealed, and now comes with ease in more natural way to the listener. :yes:

For me the most flashing feature is the clean reproduction that let you hear every sounding stuff in a reproduction...

Marc

LC will you provide a Diy schematic for the further project (lat fet double die) that we could produce for us selves at house?

Marc

Probably the First One will be just a commercial module, it has to have the cutting edge and to be better than VSSA in all respects. If I will fail to fulfill this criteria than I'll make it public. First I have to design PCB, make stereo amp and go through listening tests, so still long way there.
Can tell you it does have some features not to discuss further here but still that means nothing if on the paper only. :rolleyes:

Probably the First One will be just a commercial module, it has to have the cutting edge and to be better than VSSA in all respects. If I will fail to fulfill this criteria than I'll make it public. First I have to design PCB, make stereo amp and go through listening tests, so still long way there.
Can tell you it does have some features not to discuss further here but still that means nothing if on the paper only. :rolleyes:

Ok. When ALF08NP16V5 are allready available on farnell i think i will try my VSSA 1.4 single layer. Could you point exatly were TP1/2/3/4 are on 104 version?

Marc

Ok. When ALF08NP16V5 are allready available on farnell i think i will try my VSSA 1.4 single layer. Could you point exatly were TP1/2/3/4 are on 104 version?

Marc

I am afraid Farnell will not get NP version very soon. I've been promised to receive 100 pcs in the first week of August, for any further orders they gave me incredible 26 weeks lead time. :Pinoc:

I know you have many different units in your system and you know all combinations and how it should sound right, so it is always interesting to insert some new equipment and see if there's any improvement or not. ;)

My first DIYamp was a 5Ch latfet current feedback one ( zenquito : 2A & DIY, quite good but for sure not VSSA level competitor...Some 10 years old pictures under from the amp

Attachments

• cartes10.jpg
    cartes10.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,351
  • bosoz210.jpg
    bosoz210.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,325
  • zenq7610.jpg
    zenq7610.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,303
Nice job :)

I have Troels loudspeakers too - CNO...more than happy with them :D

Could you tell more about your UGS preamp? Sound? Matching with VSSA?

It's a quite difficult exercise as CheffDeGare is a friend off mine and as i was in UGS project the first beta tester of different version that achieve to final UGS module. As the complet preamp (with remote....) stay 95% unifinish, it's the proto02 in crappy form that is more than 5 year running since.

The whole feature/personnality of UGS is that it has no personnality : extremely neutral, it play what's exist, in that it's for me a good friend for VSSA. Before UGS i had a tube pre and these was all but not neutral. The first switch to UGS was desappointing:(:(:( but after time the return switch to tube was not possible. Sound was as an over maked up women...not to see without make up or you risk to be affraid....:gasp::gasp::gasp:

VSSA PCB set - additional group buy

Hi all present and future GB members :wave:

Since there are requests for VSSA PCB modules on daily basis, I would like to give opportunity to new GB members to get their own VSSA amplifiers. :up:

As you all probably know I will receive 110 pcs of ALF08NP mosfets so I can guarantee additional 70 VSSA PCB sets to become available. 36 out of 110 are reserved for GB members listed below. ;)

So please list your names below and after the first six members. :yes:

Good luck! :cheers:

BYRTT 8 PCB set
CaféNoir 6 PCB set
ColinAlex 8 PCB set
DavorXXL 6 PCB set
DuffyDawg 4 PCB set + 4 SMPS400
electromf 4 PCB set

Attachments

• VSSA PCB 39.jpg
    VSSA PCB 39.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 1,325