V-FET (SIT) amplifier production

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
R9 1000U capacitors in parallel, the output into another distortion of the waveform.

Attachments

• 失真电路改.png
    失真电路改.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 737
  • 4并联电解交越失真.jpg
    4并联电解交越失真.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 724
From what i've read i understand that SIT is the best one can obtain from SS. I have a few questions, if you have the answers please reply here but also by PM because i may forget about the thread , not that i not care but i'm looking into alot of stuff and have a very short memory.

1. Are the SIT the same as JFETS, and which is the best one ?

2. What is the best diy class A design for a SIT amplifier ? If not one, which are the few better ones ? I'd still like to know which is the best :). Not alot of power required, though the more the merrier. I can do with 7 watts if need be.

3. Can i listen in the best quality possible way to large symphic orchestras on a 7w class A SIT amplifier using 99db eff speakers ?

4. Can i construct PASS F1 / F2 with SIT ? I'm looking for the best way to feed some Beyerdynamic DT 880 with 600 OHM impedance, but also some HD650 that i didn't yet purchase.

Please take your time,

Roland

Last edited:
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
1. Are the SIT the same as JFETS, and which is the best one ?

SITs are a special type of JFET that is more triode-like in its curve,
having what we would call a low Drain impedance.

2. What is the best diy class A design for a SIT amplifier ? If not one,
which are the few better ones ?

Single-ended Class A would play well to the strengths of SITs, but they
can be made to work in most varieties of circuits.

3. Can i listen in the best quality possible way to large symphonic
orchestras on a 7w class A SIT amplifier using 99db eff speakers ?

Yes you can.

4. Can i construct PASS F1 / F2 with SIT ? I'm looking for the best way
to feed some Beyerdynamic DT 880 with 600 OHM impedance, but also
some HD650 that i didn't yet purchase.

Similar to F2 would be my choice.

:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.