• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

The issue that you described with the sound playing in high speed in Windows tells me that you probably have a software (Windows) issue. It happens to me sometimes, if I overdo it with hot-plugging the Amanero from the PC's USB port. Sometimes it has taken a Windows reboot to solve the problem.

What software setup are you using in Windows? Are you sure that things are working OK? Do you have a scope to check that the Amanero's I2S lines are indeed outputting a signal?

I had used an Amanero with my Soekris for months with no problem.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I don't think it's my software. Dies the same on Linux and Windows. Last night it looked like it wanted to lock, sort of stuttering, but never catching on.

I installed 3 inch twisted pairs and got no lock today. Getting a smaller transformer tomorrow. Will try it too. Getting a diyinhk adapter in a few weeks. Will try it and see if there's any difference.

Have a scope, but not sure how to use it. Just connect to ground and signal and see if anything appears on the scope?

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I measured a few of the twisted pairs and they read 1.1uF. I don't how accurate the reading is, but I have measured know values and the meter checks out.

I read that for high frequency signals like in I2S signals, the wire should be under 400 pF.
How does one keep the capacitance low besides short lengths?

I measured a few of the twisted pairs and they read 1.1uF. I don't how accurate the reading is, but I have measured know values and the meter checks out.

I read that for high frequency signals like in I2S signals, the wire should be under 400 pF.
How does one keep the capacitance low besides short lengths?

No way 1.1uF is accurate. It's a bunch of orders of magnitude off. I wouldn't worry about cable capacitance with short thin wires.

I had my Soekris fed from an Amanero that was literally hanging by a bunch of not-too-short UTP pairs for months with no problems. I believe the Amanero's FW was an old one, at least a couple of years back.

chassis_01-02-2015.jpg

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Went home for "lunch", walked the dog and quickly hooked up the I2S to the dam1021 with the 6 inch (150mm). Got lock on Win and Linux OS! The road did the trick.

It's sounds a little rough from a cold start, but I can hear the potential. Amp needs warm up for an hour too.

Thanks for all the tips, especially the flashing, which is real easy.

I can't seem to get a good pic with my tablet, but here's one anyway.

Now have to get in the car and drive back to work. :dead:

Thank!

Vince

Attachments

• IMG_20160310_131257.jpg
    IMG_20160310_131257.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 396