• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Board is capable of multichannel on Mac (and probably on Linux) after proper firmware flashed via ConfigTool.exe. The problem is that seems multichannel driver for Windows didn't released yet.

Sounds fantastic! I run linux so looking forward to trying this. I have actually been looking for a 6 or 8 channel USB-I2S interface. I already have one amanero for stereo (+DSD) connected to a ES9018 DAC and was wondering if I could use another amanero to add 4 channels (with another ES9018), making the whole thing a 6 channel USB DAC running via 2 USB cables? Would be great to know if anyone has any experience of this?

Joined 2007
Paid Member
DSD playback DSD256 & DSD512.

Hi combo384 users,

I'm about to setup my combo384 for DSD256 & DSD512 playback but am unsure as to which combination of drivers (1056 or 1057), ASIO needs, CPLD version & CPU firmware works just right away ...

So I would much appreciate if one of you can guide me to which versions of these combo384 software parts just work.

Thanks for any help ;)

Jesper

P.S.: I will be running the combo384 in MASTER mode ...

Last edited:
hello guys,

i need to know how i can connect this board to my Pioneer AVR via SPDIF (or is there additional hardware needed connected to this Board) to listen to my SACD collection ?? I have an older Mac Mini with 10.6.8 as music server running Audirvana .. over the internal Mac AudioOut .. where Audirvana does DSD to PCM ....
Can you give me a hint please ??

Thank you vermuch in advance Bert

Sounds fantastic! I run linux so looking forward to trying this. I have actually been looking for a 6 or 8 channel USB-I2S interface. I already have one amanero for stereo (+DSD) connected to a ES9018 DAC and was wondering if I could use another amanero to add 4 channels (with another ES9018), making the whole thing a 6 channel USB DAC running via 2 USB cables? Would be great to know if anyone has any experience of this?

I don't think you can do this mate.
I've done this using an 8 ch ESS 9018 evaluation board with the mini dsp usbstreamer (using I2S output) and works like a charm! (https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/usbstreamer)
Up to 24/192 this combination beats up every single factory made multichannel dac I heard.
I also have a 2ch ESS 9018 evaluation board connected with amanero (I2S) two years now. The best combination too.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanero View Post
Hello, i m not able to manage directly the GB list. So if you send me a PM with your email and country i will send you the paypal invoice. the price is 39 euro ( for europe add VAT 22%) - free shipping.

Many thanks,
Dom

Hi Domenico
can I have 1 board too?
Did a PM this week.
many thanks, Axel

I am moving from XMOS WaveIO to Amanero.

A few issues (Windows 8.1 x64 / ASIO) I hope someone has some advice for :

There is a stutter as it locks on for _every_ track. To be clear I am not changing sample rate, this is just one 44.1khz track to the next (foobar)

There is no mixer (?) for ASIO/KS so I can't listen to two sources at once (ie. Gaming and Music)
On XMOS, Emu 0404 PCI, Realtek(!) I can listen to ASIO 44.1khz and anything else mixed in at the same sample rate.
Nothing works with Amanero; it is one stream (ASIO/KS/WSAPI).
I can do it with DS only but it sounds bad.

There is no control panel?

The stutter is unacceptable and I have read others complain about it. I don't want to work around it at the player, I need the delay gone because I like to skip tracks a lot! :)

Ran into an issue attempting to update the firmware. Followed the README instructions. Was able to erase the flash I think. When I repluged the combo384, Windows 7 automatically grabbed a driver for a Bossa Program Port (COM3). Tried the ConfigTool, no luck getting it to flash the CPLD. Uninstalled the driver, and used the atm1624_cdc.inf driver included in the oemtool117 zip, no difference. Still can't flash the combo384.

I'll attach a printscreen. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? I should note that I tried all varieties of CPLD and CPU settings without effect.

Thanks,
John

Attachments

• combo384.jpg
    combo384.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 682
Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck getting Jriver to output DSD256 or DSD512 in DOP format from the PC to the Amanero Combo board ?

I can get it to play DSD64 and DSD128 files ok but when I play a DSD256 file it always wants to convert it to 176.4K PCM.

cheers

Hi
It works for me when using windowsversion only. Mac version of jriver only runs
Upto dsd128.
You properly need to adjust output in jrivers DSP studio.
Br
Caad

Hi
It works for me when using windowsversion only. Mac version of jriver only runs
Upto dsd128.
You properly need to adjust output in jrivers DSP studio.
Br
Caad

Hi Caad

Tried various settings in DSP studio but it always wants to convert to 176.4 PCM.

I get mixed results using the Output Encoding settings.

I don't want it to convert PCM to DSD either. What settings do you have ?

Are you using the ASIO or WASAPI driver ?

cheers

Last edited:
AFAIK the Amanero cannot do DoP above DSD128 as it only supports 384K PCM. For DSD256 to be possible 752.8/768K PCM is needed.

According to the website it can output DSD256 and DSD512 under Windows !!

And I've got it to work by switching off the "DSD bitstream in DOP format" in the output section of the Device Settings Dialog box. Go figure !!

And to confirm it I am measuring a 11.292MHz clock at pin 4(I2S CLK/DSD CLK) on the header and pin 7(DSD ON) is asserted and pin 16 (DSD64/128) pin is indicating DSD64. Well it's certainly not PCM that it is outputting !!

cheers

Hi Caad

Tried various settings in DSP studio but it always wants to convert to 176.4 PCM.

I get mixed results using the Output Encoding settings.

I don't want it to convert PCM to DSD either. What settings do you have ?

Are you using the ASIO or WASAPI driver ?

cheers

Hi
On windows:
Use the amanero driver from the website.
Use eg jriver.
Connect pc to amanero
Set up Jriver to accept dsd.
Set up dsp studio to run what comes in must comes out.
This set up is very simple. Dont set anything "on" in dspstudio.
Please note the setting may change if you use other dac or uses the internal soundcard of the pc. Then just set the setting back to amanero.
Br
Caad

According to the website it can output DSD256 and DSD512 under Windows !!

And I've got it to work by switching off the "DSD bitstream in DOP format" in the output section of the Device Settings Dialog box. Go figure !!

And to confirm it I am measuring a 11.292MHz clock at pin 4(I2S CLK/DSD CLK) on the header and pin 7(DSD ON) is asserted and pin 16 (DSD64/128) pin is indicating DSD64. Well it's certainly not PCM that it is outputting !!

cheers

The Amanero supports DSD256 and DSD512 in WIndows using "native DSD" which is exactly what you are getting from the moment you unchecked "DoP" output.

The Amanero supports DSD256 and DSD512 in WIndows using "native DSD" which is exactly what you are getting from the moment you unchecked "DoP" output.

Hi Jackal, I'm not up with the nomenclature but what is the difference between native DSD and DoP ? Why would I choose DoP over Native DSD if DoP is limited to DSD128 ? Is DoP the only mode available for the MAC ?

cheers