• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Have you tried with Opus OSR switch set to 1?

Good one. I think you're right. I was doing a bit of research here:

H I F I D U I N O: OSR bits in WM8741

It sounds like this is my problem.

However, I may have to experiment a little bit because of the following quote:

In addition you influence the internal filter performance. In my experience it is definitely best to match the OSR setting to the source frequency. To simplify this, I usually up/down sample everything to 96kHz in the player OS, which is clearly less destructive than playing with OSR set wrong on the 8741.

YMMV, of course...

Frank

^^^ That's from here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twis...s-opus-designing-simple-balanced-dac-186.html

How would one override the DIP switch on the Opus to have a front-panel selectable sampling setting? Perhaps that discussion would best be moved to an Opus forum.

I'll try this today after work and report back.

firmware option

Speaking of firmware, is there a thread or post# that better explains the firmware options? My BII acts weird, and I fear I may have botched the firmware. If I may add context, I do not know what CLPD stands for.
I haven't looked at this thread for ages and have not read through the huge amount of pages since my last visit.
Leading to, has anyone put a momentary switch connected to the shorting pads for erasing the firmware prior to changing it. (Then mount it in a not-so-easy to accidentally actuate position)
For a fully installed unit it must be easier than opening up and accessing the board directly. Even for power supply modified boards this would still be handy, IMHO.

Help with firmware

Is there anyone out there that could assist me in firmware update?

I have followed the instructions but cannot get my computer to recognize the Amanero is connected or able to do the Configuration Bits recognize it either. I have spent many hours trying to erase and reload the CPLD & CPU I am told each time it is done, but still unable to use.

Anyone??

Is there anyone out there that could assist me in firmware update?

I have followed the instructions but cannot get my computer to recognize the Amanero is connected or able to do the Configuration Bits recognize it either. I have spent many hours trying to erase and reload the CPLD & CPU I am told each time it is done, but still unable to use.

Anyone??
Hi mjock3,

With or without last firmware, did your computer recognize one day the Amanero usb card?

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately I did not check that before trying to update the firmware. I have not tried to update the firmware on 3 different computers. And on each computer tried 3 different usb cables. I am still unable to update firmware. Each time I try it takes 2 hours to tell me it is done with the CLPD. And I am told that it should only be less than a minute. Then I try to update CPU that's another hour and a half till it tells me it is done. However when I try to configuration bits it is not recognized.

Mark

I am testing Amanero with native DSD (no DoP) in Linux. Now this is possible.
See https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd
I have recompiled linux kernel and alsa-lib with the patches adding this to quirks.c
Code:
/* Combo384 Amanero */
    case USB_ID(0x16d0, 0x071a):
        if (fp->altsetting == 1)
            return SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_DSD_U32_LE;
        break;

I have also compiled mpd-dsd.

The only problem is that I have only the right channel playing (with some noise) but the left channel is mute. This with Native (non DoP) DSD.
Using DoP format both channels are playing right.

Remember that my Amanero card is connected directly to a passive filter (without DAC).

Some suggestions?

Hi blackhole,

Could you have enabled native dsd output in Linux successfully? I also patched mpd and quirks.c in kernel but Amanero can't switch to DSD format natively in Linux. DoP is ok. I think that Amanero requires some special procedure to switch DSD format natively.

Hi there!

I am considering to build a Sub for my Stereo System used with my PC.
I am using the Amanero Board with a curryman DAC and now I am asking how to get the additional channel for the subwoofer with the Amanero Board.

Does the Amanero Board support more than 2 channels over I2S? Would I only need to use an additional curryman DAC to get the channel for the sub?!

Thanks in advance for your help.
greetings from germany!

Does the Amanero Board support more than 2 channels over I2S? Would I only need to use an additional curryman DAC to get the channel for the sub?!

There is a four channel version (i2s-4ch) in firmware list of ConfigTool.exe. But I didn't tried it. Info box of this firmware says this:

"I2S PCM only 4CH I2S_DATA=1/2 channels DSDOE=3/4 channels - No driver on Mac - Driver on Windows not yet released"