• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultra high precision Volume module like Mark Levinsion's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interesting,

How many input's are you planning ? Say maybe 5-6? Maybe you can add a led per input, so when that input is on, the led lights up.

Possible to do something similar to the volume. ? A led per hand full of steps. example 100 steps, you get 10 led's ( small ones tho :)

Ld's are becoming so common for projects, but led's for visual volume & input would be sleeker.

Myst some ideas :)

J'

Well, you sound supportive at the start and don't tell me you don't know he is from China?? His post did not mention kit set or PCB so he is right to sell a complete/finish product. Look to me is you have jump the gun from start and got the wrong end of the stick.

Well, you sound supportive at the start and don't tell me you don't know he is from China?? His post did not mention kit set or PCB so he is right to sell a complete/finish product. Look to me is you have jump the gun from start and got the wrong end of the stick.

He did post prices and kit stuff, he also pm'ed me.!

Finally, I collect enough information to design such a REAL R-2R attenuator.

Fully balanced attenuation through 16 bit R-2R resistor network.
65535 steps current attenuations available, two Ultra low-noise low distortion OPAMP AD797AR were used as I/V convertor, the same structure as the module in Mark Levinson's No.32 ^_^

Considerate LAYOUT, 4-LAYERS PCB with 2 Oz copper,thanks Mark ^_^
Considerate POWER MANAGEMENT, onboard ultra-high performance linear regulator
High-precison SMT chip resistors
Simple data interface for micro controller
dimension:5545mil*2135mil

current switches: DG413DY, ultra precision analog switches
I/V convertor : AD797AR, ultra low-noise,ultra low distortion OP from ADI
Onboard regulator:LT1355
Resistors : YAGEO RT series @ 1% tolerance

The PCB will arrive next week, I will assemble the whole module and test then.
Anyone interest in it? ^_^

Hi,how much pulses per resolution must have optical encoder?032,064,100,125 or 128 pulses?Which ic drivers can i use for incremental encoders?

Hi,how much pulses per resolution must have optical encoder?032,064,100,125 or 128 pulses?Which ic drivers can i use for incremental encoders?

Hi rishard,sorry for the lately reply

I use general rotary encoder in my application, as I know, the pulses of resolution is not the matter for most application
attachment.php

Attachments

• EN.jpg
    EN.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 917
Hi rishard,sorry for the lately reply

I use general rotary encoder in my application, as I know, the pulses of resolution is not the matter for most application
attachment.php
Hi bbp,thank You for answer.I have last question for my project,can you show me other layers of PCB with DG431DY,not only TOP.I need this know for a objective view how this cicuit work.I think this is best of the the volume-controls.

Last edited:
Hi bbp,thank You for answer.I have last question for my project,can you show me other layers of PCB with DG431DY,not only TOP.I need this know for a objective view how this cicuit work.I think this is best of the the volume-controls.

plase refer to the close look at analog switches
attachment.php

regards
Lu

Attachments

• 413.jpg
    413.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 831
plase refer to the close look at analog switches
attachment.php

regards
Lu
Hi bbp,thanks for all your report in this topic.Im very interesting in this project.I work on scheme two weeks in Altium designer based on

your PCB and info's and i must recognise this is not an easy work.I start himself project before 2 years ago for knowledge how this

circuit work based on the same projekt.Im interested within the meaning of studying of all "Know how's" in high-end audio like Mark

levinson,McIntosh,Accuphase,Krell etc from service manuals or pictures or forums...I must say this circuit or very similar wiring use all

this prenominat manufacturers,that's why i so much interested.The fact is,i need help from you for finish my scheme,in datasheet is not

all information about all the IC option used in this aplication.You show only small pieces on your project,i understand it wasn't easy

job-construct this circuit and functionaly control logic.I don't know why you didn't show to all of us interested in your project all PCB

layer's pics,scheme,control logic or some comprehensive info's.Still better i Thank you for all(I apologies to all about my english).....

perhaps each module will cost $150,I am working the BOM file out with pricing.
each module can only be configurate as a fully balanced mono channel or stereo single-end channels

I think 0.1% resistors is the best choice for this module, althogh 1% tolerance is enough for the project, but the highly cost for the resistors is really a problem.
I got only 1%/50ppm low noise chip resistors for the evaluatetion board at the moment

the next step is to assemble the module and get a highly authentic testing result by AUDIO PRECISION SYSTEM TWO

regards
bbp
Hi bbp,can You show BOM file?How function have T1 and T2(5D-BC807)in this circuit,emitors from this transistor`s is not conect?

sorry rishard, I can't show you all the information of my project >_<
the T1 and T2 here is used as a diode
O.K. i understand You,it is possible send me two pcb boards without materials,only with BOM file,i work on different mcu section with two incremental optical shaft encoder like M.L.(ELEKTROSWITCH SERIES 900) and the steps i want use only 80dB range,from -80dB to -57dB with 1dB steps and -57dB to 0dB with 0.1dB steps,further i can use the wery nice 7x5 dot-matrix display PD4435 (3pcs in cascaded multidisplay operation) etc....If it`s possible sending to U.K. or Eu drop me the prise,regards rishard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.