Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

Hi Navin , I'm doing some research on room & placement.
I'm using other OB's then Morten.
Added some pics. You can see that my OB's are very "closed-in"at the side of my large conventional system.
Bad effect are not that bad at all !!
Also working on a secundo OB system.

My first setup , with cheap woofers , I posted some time ago.
A lotta things happened since then!!

I'm working with the Lowther DX3 in a PureAudioProject frame set. And 2 OB neo woofers.
I've been building loudspeakers over 50 years and this is one of the "best"; maybe most 'musical" sets I ever owned.

Wish you luck !

Attachments

• DSC_0267.jpg
    DSC_0267.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 2,125
  • DSC_0140.jpg
    DSC_0140.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 2,119
The lyrics on the webpage seems to be google translated, or is my english so bad?

Your English isn't that bad, it looks like a mix of Google Translate and someone with a slight grasp of the English language that corrected a few things. But, that's about it.

There products look beautiful! Love their designs!

I fully agree...As for the drivers positioning, it is nothing that hasn't been done in the past, but the aesthetics, baffle design, and finishes are simply gorgeous.

I just finished (save for making some new wiring) a new pair of OB mid range units to go with my Newform Research tweeters.
I've done preliminary measurements/adjustments but now I'm going to listen for a couple of weeks before going back to the minidsp to tune them in.
So far I'm very happy!

Attachments

• Speakers %282%29.jpg
    Speakers %282%29.jpg
    862.4 KB · Views: 1,761
  • Speakers %283%29.jpg
    Speakers %283%29.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 1,657
  • KEVIN SPEAKERS1.jpg
    KEVIN SPEAKERS1.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 1,628
Measurements and DSP will be your friends on such a multi-way project.

Thanks.
Went totally old school, popped into an Onken style cabinet, just to compare with my favourite OB.
either I got it right, or I'm completely insensitive to time alignment.
Not sure I can get used to boxy bass, but the 105 lb, 59" tall things are pretty awesome for home theatre.
OB for music, for sure.

Thanks.
Went totally old school, popped into an Onken style cabinet, just to compare with my favourite OB.
either I got it right, or I'm completely insensitive to time alignment.
Not sure I can get used to boxy bass, but the 105 lb, 59" tall things are pretty awesome for home theatre.
OB for music, for sure.

Maybe you did, but did you try an H-Frame or Open Back enclosure for the woofer?

Maybe you did, but did you try an H-Frame or Open Back enclosure for the woofer?

Currently using two Dayton RSS 265 HF-4 per channel in U Frames, which double as stands for a midrange split between a Dynavox 6 1/2", and a Bohlender Graebener Neo10, with a Neo 8 tweeter.
I got the passively split midrange idea from Mr Linkwitz's site, and it works very well.
The horns plus ultraflex idea was to hear two extremes in one room, dipoles with U Frame, and very controlled dispersion.
I enjoy both.

Currently using two Dayton RSS 265 HF-4 per channel in U Frames, which double as stands for a midrange split between a Dynavox 6 1/2", and a Bohlender Graebener Neo10, with a Neo 8 tweeter.
I got the passively split midrange idea from Mr Linkwitz's site, and it works very well.
The horns plus ultraflex idea was to hear two extremes in one room, dipoles with U Frame, and very controlled dispersion.
I enjoy both.

Interesting...Got'cha!!!