Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

I would drop the crossover to sub 150hz and biamp. I have never heard of Sonido but I assume the woofers are 16" (400mm) and the mid is 8" (200mm) so yes the speaker is as tall as me (1.75m)! Yikes!

But they are so beautiful I assume the WAF is pretty high too.;)

I think is going to end up this way - biamp.

Will try 150-100Hz with 1st order.

Need to change fostex for something better.

Keep this a GALLERY !!

In which case:

www.pureaudioproject.com/product/classic15-tb/

DSC_0445-copy.jpg

TanTon

Hello,

although they are not brand new and the photos are crap I think they are worth to be in this gallery.

The TanTon I developed around 2011 and they please me with wonderful sound since then. The baffles are made of felt bond with a little backbone magnet to magnet.

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

Drivers are Tang Band W6-1530SA, Visaton GF 250 and a bit modified Raveland ( Mivoc ) AXX 1515.

0° - 90° 10 degree steps:
picture.php
[/IMG]

Thread in german : TanTon Coax Dipol - DIY-HIFI-Forum

All the best

Fabian

I have to make a baffle large due to low QTS of woofers ~0.3 also there is a bitumen matt between front baffles to low resonance.

Crossed at 175hz. Still not enough!!!!

Very nice looking design, should be good dynamics and big mage scale..
What makes me doubt: - possibility of integration of this tweeter with FRm both with horns
- and horn and 200SFR probaly works not so low like you cross it over mating with 400scw...

My OB/H-frame project called Open Invit8tions. LCY110, Audax HM130Z0, dual Peerless 830667's The crossover between the mid/tweeter is based off the AR-SXO capacitorless serial topology and the woofers use a standard 12dB LP.
Build pics:
Open Invit8tions Photos by 6thplanet | Photobucket

Very nice looking design, should be good dynamics and big mage scale..
What makes me doubt: - possibility of integration of this tweeter with FRm both with horns
- and horn and 200SFR probaly works not so low like you cross it over mating with 400scw...

You're right. I have to change tweeter. Possibly fountek or Audax.

DIY dipoles. CNC cutted MDF. 2K proffessional paint. Acryllic wings. 75 cm wide.

Radian 475 Beryllium in Autotech Tractrix 1000 horn
JBL 2119 8 inch
Acoustic Elegance LO15 with custom foam surround
Passive crossover for mid and high
Active low pass for the woofers via First Watt B4

Low pass 24 dB active 160 Hz Linkwitz Riley
High pass 6 dB passive 300 Hz LR
Low pass 12 dB passive 3000 Hz LR
High pass 18 dB passive 3000 Hz LR
All slopes summed 24 dB LR acoustical
No EQ, baffelstep, notch etc.
30 Hz --> 20.000 Hz +++

Woofer effective sensitivity ca 99 dB (singel ended via First Watt B4)
Mid/high ca 95 dB (balanced)
With this configuration the woofers only need slightly reduction via B4s potmeters

Biamp with 2 x Pass Labs XA30.5.
Pass Labs XP10 preamp
DIY Buffalo II dac with huge oversized PSU
Sonos

Since the beatiful Radian Beryllium compression driver is significant damped with a L-Pad i will buy Duelund Cast resistors. Maybe it will give the little extra. Anyway, it sounds good.

jqoFqGP.jpg