• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

UK: GB150 & GB300 + Toroids and others

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
jkeny said:
ShinoBIWAN,
I thought you had settled on the LNA amps? - did the GC's sound better? What was the detail on these - hardwired/pcb, regulated psu/SMPS, etc. Would like to hear details

John

Hi John,

The LNA's? Are you talking about Dan Banquer's design?

Those GC's I heard were part of a friends system, my own are still in bits. I do know that they are Audiosector parts which follow most of Peter's recommendations for his Patek SE design. My mate is using 160VA 18v traffo's in dual mono config and they were LM3875 based with Blackgate N types on coupling and Blackgate STD's on the supply. He was using the snubbers and zobel with his design I don't plan on either of those.

I've decided to copy this design myself since its already left a good impression. It seems that using an SMPS (Nuuk supplies them) with the GC's may bring further improvements along with buffered input. Since this is such a simple design there's lots of possiblities for easy and cheap mods.

I'm not expecting miracles from the GC's and nor do I think they're 'better' than the GB's. The way I see it is they're cheap, fun and easy to mod. In the meantime I'll be waiting for Greg's OSKA design.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Spev said:
Ant

The walling bits arrived today, ta - didnt include the 4 extra binding posts though - have you still got those knocking around?

ta

James

AndrewT said:
Hi,
baby arrived a healthy 25lbs12ozs.

Glad they've arrived. I think that everybody has confirmed their stuff has arrived now.

James - sorry about the binding post, I'll forward them onto you.

Andrew - I'd removed some blackgates and other expensive components from your boards prior to selling them. However I've just realised the I haven't replaced the 330uf coupling caps. Please don't go ahead and try the amps since they'll get fryed. I can forward these two that I have here if you don't have any. Not sure how useful they are though because the leads look a bit of mess.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.