UGS-muse preamp GB

Hi,
While waiting for the PCBs to show, you may find the BOM for the MCU control card here ;)
Remark:
the components necessary for an UGS are listed in the yellow column - you need to ignore others.
Also the Mouser basket need to be complemented with some parts in the connector section and display option according to your own preference (mine are listed in the first Mouser column and I use the newheaven VFD from my old UGS AI)

I will publish next the BOM for the others cards (no rush yet since the PCBs have not yet arrived)

Hi Eric & Maousse. I'm working through the BOM and I have a few questions for the Processor board. According to the BOM there are 4 options. They are USB, Wifi, Audio Ext & Misc

Can you describe in more details what are each option for?

Also on the BOM there is a very expensive optical encoder at 43$. The previous UGS All-Inclusive used a much cheaper Bourns encoder at 5.87$ (Mouser Part No. ECW1J-B24-AC0024L ). Is the cheaper model still compatible with the new controller?

Thanks
SB

Last edited:
Hi Eric & Maousse. I'm working through the BOM and I have a few questions for the Processor board. According to the BOM there are 4 options. They are USB, Wifi, Audio Ext & Misc

Can you describe in more details what are each option for?

Also on the BOM there is a very expensive optical encoder at 43$. The previous UGS All-Inclusive used a much cheaper Bourns encoder at 5.87$ (Mouser Part No. ECW1J-B24-AC0024L ). Is the cheaper model still compatible with the new controller?

Thanks
SB

Hi SB,

The processor board has been designed as a general purpose version that extends much beyond what is required to build an UGS preamp.
Alex added these options for debug and trial purpose only (they may or may not used in the future - ex for a DAC).
To make it short, DO NOT POPULATE the parts listed in the WIFI, USB2 and AUDIO columns.
It will be always time to add parts later on such as WIFI if Alex comes with a supported firmware for it which is presently not the case.

The bourns encoder you refer to is a mechanical version, so yes it can be used as well providing you configure the board properly (refer to the BOM notes and schematics).
Just a remark about it - you need to add an extra switch if you use this mechanical encoder (for on/off purpose).

-- Eric

Here my own complete preamp Parts List using Eric separate and some how complex lists. It has more details for each part, shows the different options, and includes Eric comments. We can use it to calculate the complete project and I find it easier to use than the pdf lists.

Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• UGS-Muse Preamp_Parts_List.zip
    69 KB · Views: 205