UGS-muse preamp GB

:) Great. Enjoy.

For information, I proceed yesterday to another batch of shipments.
I haven't yet sent out the tracking numbers - will do today.

And last, I made a typo correction + corrected a missing link on the preamp BOM yesterday - link to the BOM is unchanged.
The corrected preamp BOM will show as rev 1.1a in the header title - so download again if you don't have this version.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Eric,

Got my PCBs today...they look gorgeous....going to concentrate now on the uC board as i have preamp PCBs already populated and tested from original build ( François' build )

The rest is easy compared to the SMD soldering and testing on the uC PCB.

Now i need the uC code and source to taylor to my needs ...;)

Thanks for a really fantastic upgrade of a already gorgeous preamp that has given me many hours of music heaven over the years.

Pass / Malza switch positions ????

C

Last edited:
Thanks for the appreciation. Alex deserves all the credits.

If you are using Francois'build put the switches in the "PASS" position.
PASS/Malza refers to two different front panels (from HCFR GB) - the buttons on the Malza version are located slightly above the PASS version hence the 2 possible positions in the PCB controller.

Alex still need to publish the .dfu firmware (he wants to test the VFD version by himself before sending it out).

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Good to hear that you like the design, we spent quite some time on this, several late evenings :).
I will post a beta MCU binary on HCFR asap. 100% functional to use the preamp HW but with still few features miss that I have in mind.

Fantastic work Alex, quality of the work on the PCBs is outstanding!!!...thanks for this "pre-release " binary...it will let me test the board.

I have yet to choose what display i will be using but will probably test both VFD and Oleds.

Thanks for your compliments, this is the first pcb I am doing so I am pleased to hear this :).
Binary will work with both displays, there is just a dispsel configuration to do to select the proper display with solder bridges.
I don't recall what I implemented in the fw, I need to document those configurations.

Last edited:
I just re-checked my code, so for the details here in English.

Control board, please set DSEL[1:0] = 3 (default) for the OLED configuration and please set DSEL[1:0] = 1 (close DSEL1) for the VFD configuration.
Then for the preamp board please set the left board with A[2:0] = 0 and the right board with ADR[2:0] = 1
Also please close R38 to R43 unless you use an opamp module on M1.

I just re-checked my code, so for the details here in English.

Control board, please set DSEL[1:0] = 3 (default) for the OLED configuration and please set DSEL[1:0] = 1 (close DSEL1) for the VFD configuration.
Then for the preamp board please set the left board with A[2:0] = 0 and the right board with ADR[2:0] = 1
Also please close R38 to R43 unless you use an opamp module on M1.

In case of, this is also indicated within the BOM. ;)

New BOM version for the MCU board : Add 2 missing 4.7K resistors + provide few optical encoder examples in function of shaft diameter and end style.

Link to the latest BOMs:
- carte MCU / MCU board Rev:1.1 NEW
- carte preamp / preamp board Rev:1.1a - to order x2
- carte alim logique / logic supply board Rev:1.2
- carte alim primaire / primary supply board Rev:1.2
- module UGS / UGS module Rev:1.0 - to order x2
- carte sub / sub board Rev:1.0
- carte trigger / trigger board Rev:1.0
- carte XLR/RCA / XLR/RCA board Rev:1.0 - to order x2

Please send me a notification once you have received your parcel (after verification of course). Thanks. :)
By the way, tracking number have been sent to every one by private message on the HCFR forum.

Last edited:
Well both displays have their pro/cons and this is why I implemented 3 different kinds to let people decide the one they preferred.
VFD is bright but has graphic limitations, OLED on the other hand allow bitmap drawing and a good contrast, on the top of this I started to port a new graphic lib that allows very large fonts so that can be seen from a distance and since we have 2 OLEDs, having big font is not an issue to display everything.