UGS adventures

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Using front panel as terminal for "touch" switch, activating relay...that switches on the PSU.

it works because of the +-300pf capacitance we all have in ref to ground.

..i got a preamp i made , way back when......that has all inputs selected like that....i liked to complicate things then.

...now i prefer the music.:D

Ok, this might be a silly question or one that has been answererd before bit here goes...

Do i need to apply power to both "sides" of the UGS module?
I do not have the complete kit but only the module PCB.

Power copper traces seems to go from one side to the other.. :xeye:

Hopefully someone understand my question :rolleyes:

Thanx

/JZ

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
zei said:
Ok, this might be a silly question or one that has been answererd before bit here goes...

Hopefully someone understand my question :rolleyes:

Thanx

/JZ

you certainly need both PSU legs , if you want it sing;

in case that you want to fry it , or do something different ........ then everything is OK

:clown:

why you wanna apply just one voltage ?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Maousse said:
the question was about the GB PCBs.
The power inputs at the two connectors are wired together, so you don't need to supply both connectors.
BTW, ground is also connected, so DON'T connect both grounds or you will make loops.

zei said:
Maousse; Thanx! Now i know :)

ZM; thanx so much for trying to help.!

/JZ

:rofl:

certainly not first and even more certainly - not last time when ZM made fool of him self ........

edit :
but - it's better this way than you have real problem

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,182
zei said:

And ground trace behaves the same: You don't need to (and should not) connect both side to the ground as they are already besame mucho each other on the board it self.

Manu

Sorry Maousse, I just saw you wrote exactly the same.
One more occasion I made me ridiculous at the face of the world...
:D

Hello everyone!

I have a couple of questions regarding the slim version of the UGS. I have searched all over this forum, the forum at homecinema-fr.com and at psykok.homelinux.org/diy/preamp_ugs/ without luck, so I hope that maybe someone can help me.

I'm looking for some measurements or even pdf's on the slim versions enclosure. I have found an fpd of the frontpanel which look absolutely marvelous so now I'm hoping to find size measurements on the rest, maybe even an pdf or fpd of the back-panel?

Does the "XLR, RCA connection" pcb's from vmoreau's recent groupbuy fit in that enclosure and if not, does someone have a pdf or gerber of any that fit?

Is there someone who has a spare logicboard from the slim version who is willing to sell it?

Thanks in advance!
kk74

OT.

Hi, Variac!
I met policemen recently. I did nothing bad. My car was his technical exam properly, but I should have had the traffic permit exchanged. They was called me, now punish. I have to disarm the registration number of my car, I may not go on. And they were at a standstill there, than horse in the tobacco.
What will there be then now?
I realized it slowly, I am wanted to bribe them. I told them it, I will bribe nobody. I do not have money otherwise. In this direction they was said, good, let me go away then now.
We separated from each other in the largest friendship next in this manner.

Gyuri

Naaah!
You cannot compare Varias with Police ...
Mod job is mebbe sometimes hard job ... Captain have to find a way when members complain about to much OT or so ...
Thats correct ...

I will do my best ...
But there is something called entropy which rules my life ...:D
Manu

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Manu said:
Naaah!
You cannot compare Varias with Police ...
Mod job is mebbe sometimes hard job ... Captain have to find a way when members complain about to much OT or so ...
Thats correct ...

I will do my best ...
But there is something called entropy which rules my life ...:D
Manu

Off Topic Mob is like Peter Pan
:captain: is like Cap Hook ;

we can't exist one without other

kk,
the enclosure used to build the UGS is the Hifi2000 Slimline 2U.
The internal heigh is 80 mm, width 425 and depth 230 if i remind well.
If you want to use another enclosure, note that the control PCB mesures 180.10mm x 63.40mm. Very difficult to fit all the components in a smaller enclosure....:bigeyes:
The front panel panel of this enclosure measures 450x90x10.
Hope it helps:)

Thank you for your reply breizheau, but I'm looking for information about the slim version (by Flat).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I will manufacture new logic-pcb's from gerbers at psykok.homelinux.org/diy/preamp_ugs/ but it would be great if someone have some spare and is willing to sell it.

Best regards
kk74

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi KK74,

No the output boards for vmoreau group buy do not fit hifi2000 slimline 1U.
I tried that ! and am building my own aluminium case now for it.
Already have a 2U version singing for some weeks....so sweet !!!

As for logic/display PCB type 1 ( slim version )...i have one spare i could let you have .

...are you willing to redesign the back output/input PCBs to fit a case with max 4cm height inside ?...including sub board.

You would save me the trouble and the comunity would apreciate i'm sure.

:cool: ;)