Two way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After stuffing around for a few days reading and looking at designs and things. I have found the Vifa XT25TG30-04, something I can afford, and something that can fit within the optimal area. The 530hz will put it into the optimal area. Then I will actually have, 1cm left to work with.

If I put the P17WJ-00-08 in a sealed box, I'm getting recommended sizes of 6 litre? That's not enough room to put the tweeter in.

Arrgh!

Vifa P17WJ-00-08 + Vifa XT25TG30-04 both seem affordable for me in my current University Bum financial status. So I'll work around these for now, and see what happens.

Unless anyone has any major disagreements with the two drivers... I have chosen.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
If I put the P17WJ-00-08 in a sealed box, I'm getting recommended sizes of 6 litre? That's not enough room to put the tweeter in.

Unless anyone has any major disagreements with the two drivers... I have chosen.

At what box "Q" remember that higher "Q" give a peak in bass, Qtc = 0.7 is flattest curve and Qtc = 0.56 is transient perfect ( whatever that means ) 6 liters sounds like Qtc = 1.00

But I am still trying to reload all my box programs since the crash so I can't sim and my calculator is playing up ATM

Last edited:
Using Excel 2007 & v4.5.

Something that fits nicely beside my monitors ... around the same size/height as the monitor would be best. Around 40cm high would be the maximum I'd want to go with nearfield monitors. I would always be listening to them dead centre, between the two, with an angle of about 15 to 30 degree's from my head. Would be about 45 with my old desk, but I had to sell it when I moved, :(

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
... My old monitors. I think they were 5"s

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Just that you won't get that much bass out of a 4 or 5 unless you go for much more expensive drivers

Have you looked at Peerless? SEAS?
Speaker repairs, Speaker parts, Ortofon cartridges, Thoren turntables, DJ accessories - Speakerbits

Hasaudio DIY AUDIO Suppliers - Loudspeakers, Crossover Components, Speaker Kits.

What you are describing sounds just like my Sansui bedroom speakers, which have copies of Peerless drivers 6 1/2 inch mid-woofer and 1inch tweeter crossed at 2700~ 1st on woofer 2nd on tweeter

Yeah, i've looked at Peerless, Scanspeak, Seas, Focal, anything really. Vifa seems a lot cheap and in my bum pricerange, lol. I don't need them to absolutely pound or anything, but just be accurate.

I did like my old speakers for what they were. If I was able to recreate them, it would be awesome, but I didn't record any specs anywhere. I am fairly sure the mid/woofers I got last time were old stock that were reduced and never sold anymore anyway.

I'll just stick with my decision for 6.5" then and the tweeters I found. So I have more to work with when the sub is off. The tweeter I chose prefers a 2nd order at 2500 apparently... so I can do that, and just cut the woofer wherever is best on a 1st order, ... see what happens I guess.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.