• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tube-I-zator Professional PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all!!

I am super snail working on this project. Lately all things come together and yesterday start to test the heater. I have a few questions and need some advice:
1) i use same heat sink size to the shunt heatsink for the heater regulator. Switch on and perfect filament at 6.3v. Regulator(heatsink) kind of hot, and 4 rectifier too. Is that normal?
2) i have a blackgate 150uf 350v. Can i replace with the 220uf 450v on the HT psu?
3) without shunt HT is 150v then with shunt will be around 150v too?

Many thanks!! Is all near completion. First time power it up after 4.5 years with me. So happy

Hello all.

I had read this entire thread and putting effort to get it complete. I really need some advice as below:

1st try - 1543 v out - i/v not mount - volume pot btw dac and zator. Result too loud hook with aura intergrate amp. Humming and too loud hook with gainclone.

2nd try - same as above but volume control after zator. Too loud, humming.

3rd try- zator as pre. 100k volume pot and 500k i/v resistor. Too loud and humming.

4th try- zator as pre. DACT 20k volume pot. Okke. 23 steps but only can reach 4 steps. I/v hook with 470k.

5th try - tube rolling from 6922 philips to 6n2n. Noise and humming.

Back to 4th try which the best among all but still humming (kimd of zzzzz) and tweeter (eeeee). Realized i didnt screw on the star ground and test there is not short from it to chassis. I only found 2 - 3 post talking about star ground. Is it important to help solve the zzz and eee problem?

Best reagrds.

Wwan

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hello all.

I had read this entire thread and putting effort to get it complete. I really need some advice as below:

1st try - 1543 v out - i/v not mount - volume pot btw dac and zator. Result too loud hook with aura intergrate amp. Humming and too loud hook with gainclone.

2nd try - same as above but volume control after zator. Too loud, humming.

3rd try- zator as pre. 100k volume pot and 500k i/v resistor. Too loud and humming.

4th try- zator as pre. DACT 20k volume pot. Okke. 23 steps but only can reach 4 steps. I/v hook with 470k.

5th try - tube rolling from 6922 philips to 6n2n. Noise and humming.

Back to 4th try which the best among all but still humming (kimd of zzzzz) and tweeter (eeeee). Realized i didnt screw on the star ground and test there is not short from it to chassis. I only found 2 - 3 post talking about star ground. Is it important to help solve the zzz and eee problem?

Best reagrds.

Wwan

Hi Wwan,

just come back from my holiday and now i have the first time to look into the threads.

I be afraid that we couldn´t help you with your problem here. You are using a V-out DAC, not a I-out DAC.

Try to post your question in the Tube / Valves forum and ask for help about "TDA1543 with SRPP Tube stage".

I am sure you get answers to your problem there.

BTW, pay attention to the heater current of the used tubes. The Tube-I-zator is constructed to work propper with 12AX7/ECC83.

Hi sir. Tq for your reply. Now i had convert it into a pre amp with L pad application. The L pad ia 47k after rca in then ground 10k to earth. Then a Cosmos 100k v. Pot. The rest all same. Using 6922, sometimes 6n2n (less gain). Anyway is alrite. For the timw being it works perfectly. Only realize my gainclone have somw problem. Please update me once payment needed. I will use other email for paypal payment. Thanks!!

I will try go ask in the tube/ valve segment. No worries. Once my diy 1543 i out ready i may come back to u foe this. Hihi.

Your new board is superb. Lower so easlier to buy chaissis. Bigger heat sink for shunt - darn important. I dont really like the extra b+ out but is okie.

Great job!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.