Trying to build...an...OMG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
It looks great, I like it, nice idea. Ive always found my prototypes which i build in the air so to speak to sound better than when they built on pcboard. I guess the boards capacitances caused by parralel lines, humidity, ect is detrimental to the performace.

It looks great, I like it, nice idea. Ive always found my prototypes which i build in the air so to speak to sound better than when they built on pcboard. I guess the boards capacitances caused by parralel lines, humidity, etc is detrimental to the performance.

Absolutely

The paracetics are horrible

Also I find it a paradox when the "Solid core" speaker cable crowd get all sweaty about big thick cables - pylons on the floor, gold connectors, oxygen free and low loss materials, bi-wire and all these other things - when you open the amplifier up to see the way the power-out is presented to the rear terminals is a bit of bell wire with connectors no better than you'd expect to see on a childs electric railway.

I openned a Quad 405MkII once -- it has a transformer I would have rejected for a 50W amplifier and the worst connector solutions in the world.

It's just shoddy, cheap practice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.