Trapezoid mini Onken&Slim GR dMar-Ken builds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JKSmq7c.jpg

WMzhocQ.jpg

Ot5TfVf.jpg

k5tQWqL.jpg

umwr4vC.jpg

thank you for all the pictures the biscuits are a cool idea I never thought of that Your build looks great.I am just using butt joints. I am almost ready to assemble I have the front and the panels assembled and have fitted the holey brace on one speaker and will do the other hopefully today. other projects with deadlines are getting in the way. I don't have the felt yet. i built a stereo cabinet out of baltic birch the speakers will fit into the cabinet for WAF and pull out for listening. thanks again for the pics and advise.

Last edited:
Thanks Vishalk,

Sounds like you have your hands full. I really want to finish mine. the last and first pair I made the people on this site were very helpful. I was skeptical of diy and quickly got the drivers in and music playing. Renron told me to finish the speakers that was about 6 years ago and they are still bare plywood and mdf and still the best speakers I have ever owned. Now I have great deal of trust in the diy community. so i will take the time to finish these before the drivers go in. thanks again

I ended up using sonopan on the inside I will post pics when done I think the sonopan will be similar to felt and it was a breeze to install because it is a solid panel. it makes a terrible mess and I found the band saw sabre saw and scroll saw all did a good but messy job. A utility knife made a mess and tore badly.

I know this is an older post but instead of spikes use hockey pucks. Here in Canada you can get an 8 pack for a few dollars put felt on the bottom and they make a good connection to the floor.

You obviously have never been to a certain small town east of northbay not literally cryo but it often felt that cold . ....

Here are some pics of the speakers with the sonopan. I would like to button them up tomorrow so if you see anything wrong please let me know I will put the poly on the brace. and the sono on the top and bottom and back without blocking the port

Attachments

• DSCN2666.JPG
    DSCN2666.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN2665.JPG
    DSCN2665.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I spent 40 days in Edmonton when the temp did not get above 0°F and hit -45°f a couple times. The wind whipped thru the concrete canyons we lived in such that wind chill exceeded -100°F. To get to class we bundled up with a heavy coat over top of th eregular winter parka then hopsocted from one apartment building vestibule to the next to warm up (every half block or so — and this was the short end of the blocks).

dave

Hi Dave

I meant no disrespect -- I was speaking of a different type of cold it only felt like we were being cryoed

I edited the previous post and added a couple of pics of the speakers. I would like to button them up, so if you see any concerns please let me know the stuff is messy but easy to install.

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.