TPA3116D2 Amp

FX is good. Make sure you get a unit with the updated PCB. Sub channel LP is 2nd order fixed at ~150 Hz (quite high). More info on identical product in this thread.

I have the first revision (yellow pcb) and I replaced the resistors with 18K resistors and found that... the main speakers cutoff at 60Hz or so all this while :confused:

Anyway I can crank up the bass with much less mid bass bloat now. It sounds really deep now :D

So today I receive my TPA3116 board. First impression is good. But heatsink are only glued with some superglue :-/ Black capacitor are Railcaps 1mF.

I took some pictures. I will test board today and compare to the others.I also ordred the red 2.1 version with two TPA3116 and this board work really good. Bass has a very high gain.

Attachments

• K1600_P5262461.JPG
    K1600_P5262461.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 529
  • K1600_P5262464.JPG
    K1600_P5262464.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 522
  • K1600_P5262466.JPG
    K1600_P5262466.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 523
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Probably you mean microFarad or µF. mF is milliFarad.

A somewhat lower voltage and current limiting are good things when powering a new board. Secondly we all know by now that powering these amplifiers without load is a very bad idea. On the picture one channel has no load.

Last edited:
For powering it from a low power supply is a good idea I took my 21V batterypack with 100A overcurrent protection.

At the first test both channel were used. But after the amp is not working and only the left box going in and out to the maximum I unplug the broken channel. But amp blow up at same time... I was looking at the 2nd powering if the other channel is working but no noise :-(

I down't want to blow my Canton Vento 820.2... The cost much much more than the amp^^

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Never disconnect the load with the amplifier being powered...it might blow up. Never mind, you learnt that now. You make a few mistakes here and there. 21V with 100A current limiting is almost the same as no limiting/protection in this case :)

Best tip: never use your good/best speakers for testing. 2 x 8,2 or 10 Ohm resistors will cost less and are less of a risk certainly when one is unsure or unexperienced. When stuff is unknown or in test phase the resistors (make those wirewounds of a few Watt) will do for testing. After testing and checking and you are sure things are 100% OK then you might try speakers. Using a pair of cheapos in between is not a bad idea.

Last edited:
I dont unplug the speaker during powering the amp. I powerd the amp. Amp make some bad current to speaker and blowed up with somke. I turn of make some pictures and go back to my speaker for testing the other channel with no succes. He gets not warm or so. But board does not work....

Yet I am smelling like this bad smoke^^

AMP came today a 11h and less than 1h later he is broken :-( Bad Karma