TPA3116D2 Amp

Attachments

• TPA3116 Subwoofer Amplifier.png
    TPA3116 Subwoofer Amplifier.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 540
What kind of problems have you had with the 2.1 boards?

I've been browsing them for a while, thinking that I would do a build with two FR speakers and a small sub. I was looking at this one, at least it has enough adjustments to get the levels matched:

TPA3116 2.1 50Wx2+100W Amplifier Board Digital HIFI 12-24V Super Bass Speaker | eBay

This is a great board; I have 2 of these. The board carpne links to, is just half of it and is probably from the same designer and manufacturer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I should have asked if there are any of these modules designed for integrating with a powered subwoofer, so that it passes the low frequencies to the sub and higher frequencies to the L/R speakers. (Like an AVR)

Maybe the solution would be to use this board in the main amplifier:

DC 12V-24V Low-pass Filter NE5532 Subwoofer 2.1CH/Pre-Amplifier Preamp Board | eBay

This is a great board; I have 2 of these. The board carpne links to, is just half of it and is probably from the same designer and manufacturer.

Thanks for the info! I found a review on youtube also, looks good to me so maybe I'll give it a go:

YouTube

Hello all,

Long time lurker here, and I just got my first TPA3116D2 board. It's a dual chip stereo version called XH-M569 and well, I'm not too happy about it. It has the power, sound is ok but there is a problem that I don't see mentioned much here - background hiss is just unbearable! With pots turned down or up, input connected or not, doesn't matter. It has a TL074C opamp on input with and it looks like gain is too high, considering that when turned to maybe over 10% it becomes hard to control volume, and I'm experimenting with a mixer on input.

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i3/199304554/TB2hlFne.EIL1JjSZFFXXc5kVXa_!!199304554.jpg

So I was thinking, since I'll be using it with a tone control/preamp board (not yet arrived), I could eliminate TL074C and possibly get rid of that hiss.

http://www2.ensc.sfu.ca/reference/data-sheets/TL07X.PDF

By the looks of it, I can desolder it and bypass input to output. Or just cut its power line? Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_20180424_124841.jpg
    IMG_20180424_124841.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 562
That's what I thought so. But, how?
I should desolder it, and connect input to output, bypass it like it wasn't even there, right?

From what I've read in last couple of hours, Tl074 is an odd choice because it is better suited for microphone and instrument (guitar) inputs. Never thought much about it when I was buying this board :eek:

Attachments

• tl074.jpg
    tl074.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 580