TL072 VS NE5532

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will cancel the 35+
and going to take from main supply and build like this

you think mooly the schema in the last post will be ok ?

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 385
5uF on the output would be enough for driving a 10kohm or higher load. I'd drop the input R2 from 150K down to 50K to possibly reduce noise. I'd scale R1 and R3 down to half their values to reduce noise. If you make R1 20Kohms, then I'd put a cap across it to roll off the high end above 100kHZ. That cap would have a value of 80pF. Anything close to that value is fine (I think 82p is a standard value). I'd put 0.1uF ceramic caps from each power supply to ground, within an inch of the chip. Also, put a 200ohm R in series with the output to reduce any reactive effects of the load. This will effectively improve the phase margin of the circuit (less likely to oscillate at a supersonic frequency). A passive Rf filter at the input would be a good idea too. A 1K in series, with a 2200pF cap to ground will roll you off at 72kHZ, assuming a zero ohm source impedance. Most sources are pretty close to zero ohms. You don't want to be asking the opamp to handle energies that it can't handle well.

The TLO72 and 5532 opamps are fine for most people. I've used both extensively back in the 1980's and 90's. In recent years I've been using the OPA2134 which is a bit better (Linkwitz uses it in all his analog active crossovers and EQ circuits). There are many great opamps these days, but for audio I'm not sure there's much difference. It's more about the circuit IMO.

The NE5534 can operate on +/-5V to +/-22V, or 10v to 44v max on a single rail. It will operate on 15V but with a gain of 5 there could be problems with output headroom. So if the single rail power supply is less than about 36V or so (to leave some margin for mains voltage fluctuation) you could power it directly from there, or you can use voltage regulation if it's too high.

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.