Threshold NS-10 and M1 info. wanted

Hello Beppe,

I'm afraid my knowledge of electronics is limited and the manuals for my Threshold equipment was lost in a flooded garage in 1997. :bawling: What I can tell you is how the module works with the NS10. The M1 is for matching the impedance of various ( 900 to 1.5 ohms ) moving coil phono cartridges so, in my case, my Dynavector 23R plugs into the 1.5 -10 ohm input and out to the one of the NS10's magnetic cartridge inputs. It has one modification: I replaced the 6 47uF tantalum caps with Panasonic FCs. How does it sound? Real nice with quality vinyl, like say, "Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section,": solid, wide imaging through 15 ohm Rodgers Ls3/5a's and tight extended bass through custom Kef SP-200 EBS subs. So, yes, for impedance matching MC phono cartridges the M1 through the NS10 is great. I couldn't say for other applications.

Thank you Nelson Pass.

-Mal

Malotron said:
Hello Beppe,
I'm afraid my knowledge of electronics is limited and the manuals for my Threshold equipment was lost in a flooded garage in 1997. :bawling: What I can tell you is how the module works with the NS10. The M1 is for matching the impedance of various ( 900 to 1.5 ohms ) moving coil phono cartridges so, in my case, my Dynavector 23R plugs into the 1.5 -10 ohm input and out to the one of the NS10's magnetic cartridge inputs. It has one modification: I replaced the 6 47uF tantalum caps with Panasonic FCs. How does it sound? Real nice with quality vinyl, like say, "Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section,": solid, wide imaging through 15 ohm Rodgers Ls3/5a's and tight extended bass through custom Kef SP-200 EBS subs. So, yes, for impedance matching MC phono cartridges the M1 through the NS10 is great. I couldn't say for other applications.
Thank you Nelson Pass.
-Mal

Dear Sir,

thank you sincerely for your kind and very valuable reply.
Kind regards,

beppe

See Pic below for specs

Attachments

• threshold ns 10 spec..jpg
    threshold ns 10 spec..jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 855
Levinson JC-2

From YeoldeStereo
The picture on the post is of the SL 10 which has an outboard power supply. Of which most other high end manufacturers later on copied. I think the SL 10 was the first high end preamp to use an outboard power supply. Although I cannot be a 100 percent on that statement.

The Levinson JC-2 had a outboard powersupply in 1974 with the line cords vast attached to them. Later in 1975 I believe they used a PLS-150 Powersupply for it.

Can buy a NS10 pre for my second system to replace a Yamaha C2-a but I'm not sure because of the age of at least 30 years.

Greetings