things people say/do on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well he wouldn't be the 1st, nor that last.... :(

But WE are smarter than that, right? Anyone here could buld that box for only $200. :devilr:

(Actually, if you wanted to build such a thing, one can get a very nice stepped attenuator in OZ for about $50)

SY said:

Really, a pretty fine troll.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

http://myworld.ebay.com/whatwillyoupay

Certainly is - has an audio track as well ...

Q: Not really interested, actually I think you are kind of a nut. You didn't answer my question about 'who' you are and 'why' it affects the...more
A: Hello again eBayer "aarontball", you must not have read the entire bio carefully as it explains in sharp detail the answer to your question. I don't...more
Aug 10, 2009

Q: You keep refering to 'who' owned them......can you tell us who that is and why it is important?
A: Thanks for your response and serious inquiry. You will find that information in the items description page at the bottom. It is a bio segment; rather lengthy,...more
Aug 10, 2009
Q: .....sorry,but is this a Joke? A Pair from Altec-Lansing 515-B Holywooddrivers sells normaly on Ebay for only 1000$ or 1500$....New Voicecoil with 8-Ohm you...more
A: Thanks for your enthusiastic response. This price will go up. It's because of who owned them. You'll see.

(Crate weighs 23 lbs. empty! A $1,000.00 VALUE!)

this may be an 'Andy Kaufman type, performance piece'

some people came to the conclusion that Andy,

was really putting on a show, for his own entertainment.

the audience were the performers, Andy was really watching them ...

``````````````````````````````````

almost as strange -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Leroy_Walters

Hi,
I have an SAE system and a pair of ESS AMT 1D speakers. I have been under pressure to unload them and replace them with some nice sleek Bose speakers that hang so nice in the corners. ARRRRGH! She knows I will never fold. You should just keep that system. How can you ever replace it? I have enjoyed the comments. Good luck.
- pxmas

much humor here -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SAE-and-ESS-...55c11e4d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_49041wt_1027

i know what types of equipment i see and what ive dealt with over the yrs, but if thats correct on the price, i think some1 has a definate problem between the ears. u must have punched in the wrong numbers. its reading $129.000.00
- 804vs420

Seller's reply: Hi. Sorry, but you are mistaken on the price. It's $129,900.00 - Thanks for looking.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Dear Sir
It's a fantastic system, yes. However you are too pround Sir. I have seen and listen in 2 systems exactly what you have ( even all the CABLES better than yours, I think )in down under Australia mate ( Sydney ). When I rang them (the owners) and was telling about your HI END system and the PRICE you have offer on Ebay and you know what they did ? THEY ALL LAUGH sir. One of them was telling me that if any one intersted he can sell for 60,000 AUD. He is serious !!. I understand the economy in U.S is very bad at the moment BUT ??? Please consider the PRICE Sir
I am sorry for saying that But don't make anyone laugh
Best regard
quoctha

Quoctha: You're a good man. Laughter is good for the health. I laugh all the time - and I'm still pretty healthy for my old age. I appreciate your comments and I'll take them into consideration. I beg to differ with you on one point, though. You mention: 'I have seen and listen in 2 systems exactly what you have'. Can you send me web page links to these 2 systems so I can compare photos to my system? I'm advertising my system as a one-of-a-kind collectible, a fantastic sound blend of old and new technology. I would really like to see photos of these 2 systems that you have seen and listened to that are exactly like mine. Thanks mate. Timesharesandtreasures

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited:
Here is a fun one that was pointed out on the Altec forum.

$250K 515s

Opening bid just $125K, that's only 30 thou a driver. Better hurry!!

back again, buy it now $750,000 -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Altec-Lansing-5...3559adee9&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14#ht_8644wt_1355

Update as of Friday September 18th, 2009: EBay has now informed me that I am no longer to say anything about God, I am not allowed to say anything about eBay, and they feel the pricing of my incredibly rare unusual personal antique items somehow just does not fit their format. Hmmm. No reason to stay, looks like I'm outa here for good. You will find me on YouTube as "1vindication". EBay, you lost a good'n'!

--Resignation as an eBay Seller--

Who would have thought that this would come so quickly?! But, it appears as though the time has come for me to retire/resign as an eBay seller, and for several very good reasons; I never really sold all that much on eBay, and as far as I’m concerned, I was kind of just getting warmed up, as I have many fine, rare, and unique personal items, as well as new ideas, inventions, and original prototypes that are yet to be made known and marketed.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.