• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"The Wire" Official Boards for All Projects Available Here! BAL-BAL, SE-SE, LPUHP

@ BuildMeSomething
Many thanks! Got it!

I'd have nearly forgotten the heatsink, as it's not mentioned in the BOM. Maybe Owen should take it in again ;)
It's WA-T247-101E-ND from Digi... for all people who had to have a look like me ;)

Edit:
WA-T247-101E-ND is not deliverable till end of Jan. 2013. Does anybody know alternative heatsinks, which fits the place and install-holes? A "bigger" heatsink would also be nice as I run the IC with higher voltages.

Last edited:
As I posted previously, I have input the BOM into Mouser project manager and can share it using AccessID
d36806234b
I chose Mouuser because they are generally cheaper than Digi-key.
There are a few iput coupling optional parts that you can delete or chose since a few of them are not in stock anyways. The bulk of the parts are there and some thermal membrane options which are also not covered very well in OPC LME49830 BOM's.
Let me know if you have any questions.
As far as finding a sub heatsink, I can only suggest to add something extra onto the Ohmite part, like the sides are accessible to screw on another piece of aluminum. You have the height available up to the big ecaps (1000u/100V) 40mm
I see LME49830 is on back order again, at Mouser, wow lots of these being used up.

I see Digi-Key has this one in stock. Last time I checked it is a good sub, check just to be sure.
WV-T264-101E-ND

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Michael,

Glad to hear they made it to you safely!

I was wondering if anyone had received anything from the first batch of shipments. I was sure the Canadian ones would have arrived by now, but you never know with the US and international shipments.

As a side note, the second batch of shipments have gone out, so all orders number 0 through 65 have been shipped out.

The remaining orders (66-89) will go out by the end of this week.

Cheers,
Owen

Shipment received and looks great. The boards look much better than the photos you posted of them. Everything was nicely packaged and my 2 pair of FETs were also nicely packaged. I had no idea how large those FETs were...didn't really look up sizes. Impressive.

Thanks again. I should be assembling my LPHUHP boards tonight. I'll take some assembly photos.

My boards arrived today, which is perfect timing as I just finished my +/-12Vish LiPo bank.

Boards definately look better than the pics and smaller than I was imagining. Failed miserably to order components in advance though so I guess I'm spending tonight translating digikey to farnell :p

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm sure it's somewhere very visible, but I could not find it! What is the max current the PS boards can supply? Thanks.

1A per rail. That will of course also be limited by the input to output voltage and the power dissipation of the regulator itself. If you are dropping 20V across the regs, then 1A will cause the regs to overheat and shutdown, or possibly be damaged.

Keep the power dissipation below 5W per regulator, and you should be fine.

Regards,
Owen

Hi,

Started soldering my PSU and noticed that the caps specified in the BOM do not match the outlines on the PC board for caps C17, C55, C28, & C93. The pictures of your build show them properly fitting the out lines. I also saw from a previous post that there was a discrepancy between the BOM and the schematic but thought the error had been corrected. I have a feeling C17 & C55 need to be swapped with C28 & C93. I hope not as I have already soldered C28 and C93.:mad::mad::mad:
Jim

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jim,

Are you following the BOM and Schematic posted here?:

Hi Guys,

Updated PSU BOM and schematic are now done and can be found here:

BOM:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnMLwB9mdXl2dDN6V05FanpQN1BFR2xRcENORVFSNXc&usp=sharing

Schematic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3MLwB9mdXl2Z3N4WWh4MU93SW8/edit?usp=sharing

As usual, you need to actually download the PDF to get all the embedded functionality. The Google viewer is no good.

I will consolidate all this info into a wiki over the next few days to make it easier to follow everything.

Cheers,
Owen

I believe everything is correct there. C93 and C28 should be 0805 capacitors at either 1uF or 0.1uF. This value is not overly critical.

Can you post a picture of exactly what you're having problems with to avoid confusion?

Regards,
Owen

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am using the same BOM as you have just posted. The attached photo shows C28 and C93 not correctly sized on my board. The parts for C17 and C55 are the same size as C54 and C85. (same part) The picture you posted of the PSU a few pages back show C28, C54, C93,and C85 as all being the same size. Hence my dismay.

Jim

Attachments

• PSU.jpg
    PSU.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 582
I just had a look at my boards and it does indeed look like C28 and C93 are in fact 1210 rather than the 0805 listed in the BOM. And C17 and C55 are 0805 footprints rather than 1210 as listed in the BOM. Looks like a swap of some sort.

Last edited:

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Alright... it looks like there is a mistake, but I don't have the layout in front of me to confirm.

Please hold off on soldering until I post the correct location this evening.

Looking at the board in the picture from Jim, it looks like the two 0805 parts need to be moved to C55 and C17 locations, and the two side-by-side 1210 parts should both be 22uF 1210 caps.

I will check what happened tonight, but I suspect I put the REF DES in the wrong spot on the PCB itself.

In the meantime, you should be able to work with the info above to proceed if you'd like.

Cheers,
Owen

My boards arrived today, which is perfect timing as I just finished my +/-12Vish LiPo bank.

Boards definately look better than the pics and smaller than I was imagining. Failed miserably to order components in advance though so I guess I'm spending tonight translating digikey to farnell :p

Im interested in your battery pack.
Anything to share? protection? parts?