• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"The Wire" Official Boards for All Projects Available Here! BAL-BAL, SE-SE, LPUHP

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Please see these two links for the updated LPUHP BOM and Schematic on Google Docs:

BOM:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnMLwB9mdXl2dDVuTjh6WnZmQ1VxYm1FVW9zRzRaMUE&usp=sharing

Schematic:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3MLwB9mdXl2TnQ0Wjd2UUFMcDQ/edit?usp=sharing

I will add the different input configurations to separate tabs in the spreadsheet tomorrow. I will get the PSU BOM and schematic done tomorrow as well. I will also update the first post with this information.

You will need to actually download the schematic PDF to be able to read it and use the embedded functionality, as Google's viewer is terrible.

I have double and triple checked the schematic and BOM and I believe they are correct. If you see any issues please let me know.

I'd also like to apologize for the earlier BOM posted in this thread. I was in a hurry to post it and there are a few errors, so hopefully I don't force anyone into another DK order.

Cheers,
Owen

Last edited:
Thanks for the update :)

Would like to check the LPUHP setup for SE input:

Schematic is quite clear on which bits to add/remove for BAL & SE setup, so am OK there. SE Gain = R8/R11 + 1 ... ?

R8 = 1K Ohm or 1K05 Ohm [as per the final LPUHP v1 BOM] ?

Plus change R10 to 10K Ohm [as per the final LPUHP v1 BOM] ?

just want to be 100% sure before I order :)

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

For the transformer, BuildMeSomething is exactly right. I have found in my testing that the Antek units do not have very good load regulation which is why I suggest going up to 100VA if you are going to use one of those.

The potted PCB mount units I have from Amveco do much better at load regulation, with their 30VA unit performing on par with the 50VA from Antek.

For the voltage, definitely stick with dual 15V or lower, as going any higher will require changing the caps before the regs to 35V parts.

Also, I updated the spreadsheet to include all different gain variations and input options for the LPUHP. If people can give it a check over I would appreciate it. I'll try and get the PSU done for tonight.

Cheers,
Owen

Owen,
I just stumbled on this last night and added my request to your speed sheet. I am not sure if it was closed or not. If not I will send payment. Many thanks for your excellent projects I still need to case up my original LPUHP and wire amp .

I have actually come to prefer smt to through hole when done correctly.

Bill

Owen,
I just stumbled on this last night and added my request to your speed sheet. I am not sure if it was closed or not. If not I will send payment. Many thanks for your excellent projects I still need to case up my original LPUHP and wire amp .

I have actually come to prefer smt to through hole when done correctly.

Bill

Post #179 with the link to the spread sheet states "Note that this list is not for new orders" so if I was you I'd wait with payment until you get a confirmation from opc.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Bill,

No worries... you added your name in the correct spot. I moved it to the official sheet as I was going to send out payment notices last night, but didn't get around to it.

For future reference:

Anyone can still place new board orders, but please do so on the original list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...NmdGWGFPTVRYdVlwQmRqbFdDMXc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Once I'm ready, I will move your name to the official list and send a payment request. Please do not attempt to add new orders to the official list, as it's more for order tracking and for helping me keep track of what needs to be shipped and what has already gone out. The official list is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZZX1BNZGRSM1FnZGw5V3gyVWc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

As a side note, the first 25 orders will be shipping out this afternoon, and I hope to ship all 76 current orders by the end of this week.

Cheers,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Updated PSU BOM and schematic are now done and can be found here:

BOM:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnMLwB9mdXl2dDN6V05FanpQN1BFR2xRcENORVFSNXc&usp=sharing

Schematic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3MLwB9mdXl2Z3N4WWh4MU93SW8/edit?usp=sharing

As usual, you need to actually download the PDF to get all the embedded functionality. The Google viewer is no good.

I will consolidate all this info into a wiki over the next few days to make it easier to follow everything.

Cheers,
Owen

Is it possible there are still some differences between the schematic and the BOM?
In the BOM I see C17 and C55 with different values. As output ceramic cap 22uF and noise bypass cap 1uF.
There are C28 and C93 0,1uF in the schematic but not in the BOM?

Regards

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Is it possible there are still some differences between the schematic and the BOM?
In the BOM I see C17 and C55 with different values. As output ceramic cap 22uF and noise bypass cap 1uF.
There are C28 and C93 0,1uF in the schematic but not in the BOM?

Regards

Good catch!

The BOM has been fixed (just the REF DES was wrong for the noise bypass caps) but I will have to update the schematic this evening.

The proper value should be the 1uF part listed on the BOM.

Thanks for checking :)

Cheers,
Owen

Pardon my ignorance on this topic. Being a fan of the O2 (Sorry, but it did lead me here), about how much would it cost to assemble one of these amps. I am not even really sure which version I would need. My headphones are DT-770 pros and my dac would be my Odac. I assume this would call for a SE-SE config? Sorry for the ignorance again, thanks guys.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Pardon my ignorance on this topic. Being a fan of the O2 (Sorry, but it did lead me here), about how much would it cost to assemble one of these amps. I am not even really sure which version I would need. My headphones are DT-770 pros and my dac would be my Odac. I assume this would call for a SE-SE config? Sorry for the ignorance again, thanks guys.

Hi Battou62,

The total parts cost for the SE-SE amp by itself is about $26 in single unit prices if you buy from Mouser. The board costs $15 so you're looking at about $41 for the SE-SE board completely built. If you need the PSU as well, then you're looking at another $15 board and $45 in parts to build it. The grand total then would be almost exactly $100.

If people here managed to organize a group buy with about 50 kits, then you'd be looking at more like $65 in parts total.

In addition to the above mentioned parts, you will need a transformer and if you want a chassis you'll need that too. The transformer can be a 10VA Antek unit for about $10.

As for your setup, it sounds to me like an SE-SE would be the best fit.

Hope this answers your questions!

Cheers,
Owen