• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"The Wire" Official Boards for All Projects Available Here! BAL-BAL, SE-SE, LPUHP

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I knew I was forgetting something!!!

Thanks for bringing that up...

Please pay in CAD dollars. If you have already made payment in USD then don't worry about it. I don't think the exchange is very significant right now.

Sorry for the mix up.

Regards,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

All messages have officially been sent, and payments are already coming in!

I am having problems with the following usernames not being correct on the list (or people have deleted their accounts). If you are one of these people, or you have an order placed but did not receive a PM, then please send me a note:

Olpplo - username not found
Odysseas - username not found
...... - username not found (not sure if someone did this to delete an order?)

Not bad for a list with 115 names on it!

Cheers,
Owen

Payment sent :)

Thanks for the advice... The woofers are 89dB @ 2.83V/1m, 8 Ohm and I want to set 0dBFS output at ~90dB SPL at the listening position. Which is only 1.6m from the speakers in a 8.7m^2 room.

I'll give the LME amps a go first at +/- 15~20V with the woofers. If +/-15V is enough, then I'll get another pair of LPUHP boards. A guestimate & SPL measured with REW, the Mark Audio A7.3's [85.5dB 2.83V/1m] are using 2~2.5 Watt into 6 Ohm to produce ~74dB peaks during CD playback, so 0dBFS at 83~84dB SPL. These should sound very good powered by the LPUHP :)

Need to start building my DigiKey shopping list :)

Paul

Last edited:

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi opc,

In LPUHP bom I can see heatsink x2 for buffer. I don't get it you place one heatsink on each side of the board right?

You are correct... that should only read one heatsink for the output stage!

Man... I probably shouldn't have posted that BOM there as it's now going to difficult to make adjustments. :headbash:

I will review a little more closely tonight and re-post all the BOMs in a proper Wiki.

I will also ask a moderator to remove the two I posted so people don't buy the wrong things.

Thanks for catching this!

Regards,
Owen

Payment and PayPal fee

Hi Owen:

I just made my payment. Sorry I paid in USD before I read that you prefer to be paid in CAD.

Also, I noticed when I sent the payment that the PayPal fee was charged to you and substracted from the payment I made. PayPal does not seem to allow me to change this arrangement.

I do not know if you factored the PayPal fee in the calculation of payment in the order spreadsheet. It's not fair for you to absorb the PayPal fee but I did not want to change my payment amount and cause you more work and long delay. Please do let me know if you like me to make another payment to you for the PayPal fee.

I cannot imagine how much work and sweat you put into this project. Thanks very much for doing this!

Hi Owen:

I do not know if you factored the PayPal fee in the calculation of payment in the order spreadsheet. It's not fair for you to absorb the PayPal fee but I did not want to change my payment amount and cause you more work and long delay. Please do let me know if you like me to make another payment to you for the PayPal fee.

I cannot imagine how much work and sweat you put into this project. Thanks very much for doing this!

Same here!