• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"The Wiener" TPA3118 amplifier card

OK, starting my own list and working backwards from my paypal, here's the people who paid so far:

bk856 - 2 bare PCB, 2 bagged uC's
impuls60 - 2 x 4ohm
nickk - 6ohm, filter kit, mounting kit, and bare PCB w/uC (soldered or bagged?)
reo - 16ohm + 8ohm + 0.22uF caps + bare PCB w/soldered TPA and uC
goo? - 4 ohm
andrewcorbett - 4 ohm
aterren - 2x4 ohm, 1x6 ohm, 2 bare PCB w/soldered micro
afoor - 4 bare PCBs w/bagged uC's
CFG - 4 ohm + 8 ohm + "8 ohm" filter kit
Hammett - 8 ohm + thermal kit
matt_garman - 6 ohm
shadowlight - 16 ohm + 8 ohm
cogitech - 4 ohm
zog666 - 8 ohm + thermal kit
zoidbergslo - 6 ohm + filter kit
lutton - 6 ohm + filter kit + thermal kit

This is from the excel sheet that I'll be using to order/build/kit things so if you're on this list, make sure your order's correct.

jagter5, can you PM me with your real name and the time you sent your payment? can't find it in my paypal inbox but I'm probably going a bit cross-eyed here after being at the computer most of the day.

Noted, thanks. Got a good spreadsheet thrown together now to make note of all these details.

Currently 23 full amps paid for, and I'll be ordering parts for a few more than that to build spares, so I've hit qty 25/50/100 prices on lots of parts. Thanks everyone, especially from Charlie. He's doing fine, he gets his stitches taken out tomorrow.

RPmBtHk.jpg

So, uh, we've got a major problem... the 10uH inductor needed for 4 ohm/6 ohm builds just went out of stock, and won't be in stock until May. And naturally, I picked an inductor type which isn't available from any other distributors or manufacturers.

1D14A-100M ICE Components | Mouser

No Stock
2,996 On Order
Estimated Ship Date
996 09/06/2015
2,000 20/07/2015

I'll write ICE Components with a sob story and see if I can secure a bunch of them, right now I need about 60.

Failing that, my options are either to bodge on a different inductor, order new PCBs with a different inductor footprint, make people wait until May, give people wanting 4 ohm wieners their money back, or some combination of the above. Sorry about this.

Last edited:
Got an e-mail back from Ice Components, they can hook me up with 40.

I don't have the order spreadsheet in front of me, last I checked I needed 50-something inductors but that included 8 ohm amps with filter kits. I'll refund those filter kits first, if the remaining # of inductors required is still greater than 40 then I'll have to delay or refund orders - this will be done in order of payment received. Goo, you're towards the top of the list so you should be OK.

If anyone wants to change their order from a 6 ohm amp to an 8 ohm amp that would be highly appreciated :)

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Got an e-mail back from Ice Components, they can hook me up with 40.

I don't have the order spreadsheet in front of me, last I checked I needed 50-something inductors but that included 8 ohm amps with filter kits. I'll refund those filter kits first, if the remaining # of inductors required is still greater than 40 then I'll have to delay or refund orders - this will be done in order of payment received. Goo, you're towards the top of the list so you should be OK.

If anyone wants to change their order from a 6 ohm amp to an 8 ohm amp that would be highly appreciated :)

If I counted correctly, it appears as though I would be receiving the last four of those 40 coils. I'd love to say I don't need/want the 4ohm setup, but I really do. :xfingers:

Good find... flat leads though which would have to be modified to fit this PCB, and the spacing is slightly different so the inductor would sit crooked on the PCB.

Lots of 7G14A available, and they're cheap except the inductance curve isn't as good as the one on the 1D14A... probably won't matter unless you're pushing the amplifier hard.

Anyway, from now until I say otherwise, I will not be taking further orders for 4/6 ohm amplifiers, or filter kits paired with 8 ohm amplifiers. 8 ohm and 16 ohm amplifiers are still fully available :)