The Very Best Amplifier I Have Ever Heard!!!!

Transformers ...

Hello,

I've been looking for some quotes on the transformers, remember I want to make 8 channels. For the European folks here I guess those could be of interest...

Option 1:

1.1 8xToroidal transformer TE400-240/60/60 EUR 48.30/each

Dims: Core 105/65x50, transformer 121 x 70mm incl. fixing parts

1.2 8xToroidal transformer TE400-240/60/60 EUR 55.25/each

Dims.: Core 145/70x25, transformer 158 x 46mm incl. fixing parts

Option 2:

2.1 4x Toroidal transformer TE800-240/60/60/60/60 EUR 71.80/each

Dims: Core 145/80x40, transformer 163 x 70 mm incl. fixing parts

I am affraid that the option 2 might give me headache if one channel gets driven hard... But at 800VA I think there is headroom.

What do you think ?

Hi all, I must agree with 'a.wayne' …. what has happened to this project. I originally singed up to the group buy but now having second thoughts! Wouldn’t it make sense to finish building, testing and refining this project before moving on, especially as I for one would prefer a guild for the build. What next, let me guess….. “Goldmuld XXX, The Best - World’s Best Amplifier - I Have Ever Heard?

Littleboyblue

#291 from "PCB order for Goldmund clone"

"Together with a friend of mine (he construct preamplifiers and amplifiers for the commersial marked in Norway (Audio Innovation) we have been in touch with Alex and got his permission to use his files to produce and ech one board. It all depends on that we do succed in converting Alex files into Gerber files. Gerber is not "my coup of thee" so please give me (us) a couple of days for a feedback on PCB.
If everything goes well I will populate and solder the boards. My friend will take care of evaluations and testings.
I hope that with this initiative we can put some "life" in this thread again.

So in a couple of weeks....?"

Be patient, we are working....

Eivind Stillingen

Littleboyblue

"Together with a friend of mine (he construct preamplifiers and amplifiers for the commersial marked in Norway (Audio Innovation) we have been in touch with Alex and got his permission to use his files to produce and ech one board. It all depends on that we do succed in converting Alex files into Gerber files. Gerber is not "my coup of thee" so please give me (us) a couple of days for a feedback on PCB.
If everything goes well I will populate and solder the boards. My friend will take care of evaluations and testings.

Eivind Stillingen

Keep me informed and this thread alive, no hurry for me, the layout of this board is right for my application.

Yes I have interest in this Amplifier, I order 2 boards (stereo) from Bigpanda, he sent it yesterday to me.
If the board arrives I can sent it to some of the builders to test it, I am no electrical engineer I can’t make this Amplifier working.

I will sent the board for free to test, I hope that this person help me to solder the components to a final board and test it, I will pay all the cost of the new board and components of course.

Please check files here for more information :
FileFactory Folder view - gm-work

Rudy

Littleboyblue

Eivind Stillingen

Good news ............